Author Topic: HuCard games on CD  (Read 3381 times)

Shrapnoid

Re: HuCard games on CD
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »
...if I don't have the actual physical game I flake out on it real easily. It's almost like I think that since it was free why should I put the effort into finishing the game. Especially when I can just switch to the next one. Maybe that's what having ADHD is like? lol

Exactly that.  It could be called emulator syndrome or MAME syndrome or somesuch.  If you have 1000 other games, you tend to give up on one of them after the first player death.

Back when I was a poor kid I spent weeks playing just Balloon Fight with my brother.  Poverty = dedication.

But I'll chip in and say Super HuCard is a great effort and really cool.  (Has proven useful a few times too.)

Exactly: poverty = dedication. ;)

I am still trying to make progress on Athena (NES) because I still feel I was cheated by SNK when I was a kid.  These days, I still try to glean some fun/entertainment out of every game that falls into my hands...it just stinks that my time for playing is so limited and fleeting.

Athena had the potential to be a fantastic game. Too bad.

Same here. When you bust your butt, looking for a game and finally find it and get it home, you just can't get enough of it but, the ease and convenience of downloading entire sets tends to put you in to a state of mind like "Now that I have them all I can play them any time I want to so, I'm not going to get in any hurry".
Then you pretty much just end up hanging on to what you downloaded but, never play them.

That must be what it's like to be rich. Growing up poor does more than make you tough, it teaches you to be grateful for what you have even if it doesn't seem like much at the time.

Getting back to Super HuCard though.

I just recently ran across it myself. I don't remember right off hand where it was but, I've got it.
I haven't played it enough to find any of the bugs talked about but, I did notice more than one instance of some of the same games as well as it being a mix of (U) and (J) instead of just one or the other.

The way that it has me interested is to see if all 94 U.S. HuCards could be put on it and if that worked out maybe try to do one with all of the Japanese Hus.

I've been trying to go through the ones with the different types such as h, a, p, t, and multiples in order to organize them in to something that's easier to browse through which brings me to another potential problem with Super HuCard; without being able to extract the games from the disc, we really have no idea what types of dumps they were therefor some of them may have been screwed up to begin with.

Well, what are your thoughts?   

Supremo_Lagarto

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
First of all, I didn't really think the "authorities" were going to come after anyone for fixing the compilation. I just said that to prevent a flame war as there were so many negative comments about this. Tom could have fixed every game on the compilation (or at least the major titles on it like Keith Courage, Galaga, Gradius, and Salamander), but thanks to this thread he was scared away from doing it.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous that people complained. Obviously, some people in here are selling Hucards in their eBay stores and don't the games on a CD-ROM so that Duo owners can play them without buying them. With the Turbo Everdrive out there now, that is an irrelevant concern.

Bernie

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
Lol... touchy much? 

Supremo_Lagarto

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2013, 11:59:44 AM »
Lol... touchy much? 
See it is that kind of thing that turns me off of this community. People are totally rude and disrespectful here.

This thread was supposed to be about the Super Hucard and people were trying to start flames, people were starting side conversations, people were being insulted.

If you don't like the idea of a Super Hucard, then just down don't download it off of the internet.

Bernie

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »
Seems you have created some sort of world, that we can't see.  First off, what I said wasn't rude.  I was merely asking a question in fun.  Second, I fail to see where anyone tried to start a flame war.  Only person I see here with their panties in a bunch is you.  Calm down man.  :). We good folks here.

HercTNT

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2013, 03:09:07 PM »
SL I think Bernie was having fun with your necro post, although i think your both overreacting alittle.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »
Man, to fix all the glitchy games on the Super Hucard seems like it would be quite an undertaking.  I wonder how long such a project would end up taking if it came to fruition. :-k

esteban

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »

STATUS: Hasn't the novelty worn off? Let Super HuCARD sleep, for eternity.

|    | 

Bernie

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »

STATUS: Hasn't the novelty worn off? Let Super HuCARD sleep, for eternity.

Yep

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »
Now it's dark.

esteban

« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »
Now it's dark.

|    | 

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »
If this thing was perfect about 10 years ago I would have gone ape shit for it. But as it stands right now, the everdrive seems to be the best bet.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2013, 05:53:56 AM »
The way that it has me interested is to see if all 94 U.S. HuCards could be put on it and if that worked out maybe try to do one with all of the Japanese Hus.

This is limited to 2 meg games, so that'll never happen.

Tom could have fixed every game on the compilation (or at least the major titles on it like Keith Courage, Galaga, Gradius, and Salamander), but thanks to this thread he was scared away from doing it.

Riiiiight.  His personal life surely had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous that people complained.

Because only you are allowed to voice an opinion, eh?  You'll note that people only said they didn't see the value of the project, not that Tom (or anyone else) is a bad person for working on it.

Obviously, some people in here are selling Hucards in their eBay stores and don't the games on a CD-ROM so that Duo owners can play them without buying them. With the Turbo Everdrive out there now, that is an irrelevant concern.

First off, you're an idiot if you think we're all a bunch of eBay jackals.  Secondly, you're an idiot if you think the Everdrive negates our beliefs when the other flashcarts (available for years) didn't.

This thread was supposed to be about the Super Hucard and people were trying to start flames, people were starting side conversations, people were being insulted.

This thread was originally about legitimate games released on CD after first being sold on HuCARDs, so get off your high horse.

If you don't like the idea of a Super Hucard, then just down don't download it off of the internet.

Our opinions are just as valid as yours, chief.  You're free to post how it's the best thing since sliced cheese, and we're equally free to say that it's well past its prime and no longer of much use.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2013, 07:12:27 AM »
Supreme_Retarto, at it again!

I think Tom didn't finish this because he has f*cking better things to be doing with his time than getting China Warrior to run on a CD.  This includes the NES emulation, real life, and shit.

but who am I kidding, this shmuck has me on ignore and won't see anything I'm saying anyways.

now he will go cry on DigitPiss some more about how we're all mean and give him ouchie booboos.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.