Author Topic: Lords of Thunder Dual Boot CD  (Read 972 times)

malducci

Lords of Thunder Dual Boot CD
« on: May 24, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »
 Well... since I went to all the trouble to make it, I might as well release it to the public for novelty reasons. This is my hack of Lords of Thunder for the PCE SCD and the SegaCD - into a single CD. This CD will boot and work in both systems. I used the audio tracks from the PCE CD version. The audio is in MP3 format to keep bandwidth down (sorry). If you have a PC then you can run the batch file and it will automatically convert the MP3's to wave files. If you don't have a PC, then you'll need to use some other program to convert the MP3's to wave files - make sure to keep the name the same (i.e. ztrack02.mp3 -> ztrack02.wav). If you already have the PCE CD wave tracks, then you can rename them to the SegaCD's track order, file name system, and used them instead. You'll have to listen to the MP3 files to figure out what tracks go to what names. Ofcourse if you prefer the SegaCD tracks over the PCE tracks, then just rename them (they're in the correct order).

edit: I guess it helps to add the link

http://pcedev.net/lords_of_thunder_Dual_boot

Have fun  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:08:05 PM by malducci »

termis

Re: Lords of Thunder Dual Boot CD
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 03:44:43 PM »
Wow.  That's really cool.  Thanks for the neat release.

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 03:52:48 PM »
I was wondering when you were gonna get around to this... :dance:

malducci

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 04:00:17 PM »

I guess I should mention that if you want to use the image (CUE) with an emulator, PCE or SEGACD, then you'll have to mount the image in a virtual drive first... or just burn a CD and use that. Gen/MD and PCE emulators that support direct CUE playing won't work as they don't setup the proper indexes (as they normally wouldn't need to).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »
Awesome, thanks!  I am copying the original tracks from the PCE version right now, but I think I'll use the intro track from the Sega CD version since it has some cool sounding narration on it.

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 04:20:53 PM »
Is this any different from when I beta tested it MONTHS before these losers  :mrgreen: ?

Awesome, thanks!  I am copying the original tracks from the PCE version right now, but I think I'll use the intro track from the Sega CD version since it has some cool sounding narration on it.
Good idea!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 04:27:24 PM »
I also used a transitional track from the Sega CD version right before the last level because that also has some cool narration in it, but the WAV size is 10.4MB as opposed to the PCE's 10MB.  Hope it works!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 06:08:55 PM »
Alright!!  I burned it and tried it out on both systems.  Seems to work well except for the intro which is a bit peculiar.  Here's what I noticed:  The title screen song is too short on the Sega CD (when using the Turbo music) and you end up looking at the title screen for 10 seconds or so before the demo begins.  There's really nothing that can be done other than use the Sega CD music.  However the demo is what is weird.  I used the Sega CD audio track since it has the cool narration, but the Sega CD cuts out and changes scenes even before the narration is finished!  That is extremely odd, especially since it is the proper Sega CD audio ripped right from the CD.  The TurboGrafx version of the intro also cuts the guy off before the track is complete.  This is all very odd since the music starts exactly when the graphics show up.  Did you change the timing or something?

Other than that it all seems good!  I haven't played through the whole game yet, but I imagine the dialog probably gets cut during the cut-scene before the final level as well, especially on the Turbo which used a shorter version of the music.

EDIT:  I double checked.  The first part of the intro is only running at around 1:18 when it runs at around 1:31 or so in the actual game (Sega CD versions compared).  Let me guess:  You used the PAL version of the Sega CD LoT.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 06:32:27 PM by Joe Redifer »

offsidewing

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 01:20:29 AM »
If you don't have a PC, then you'll need to use some other program

Um, how else would I be able to post on this forum?  Smoke signals?

nat

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 04:27:28 AM »

Or.....

A MAC!

(Which is what I use.)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 04:41:17 AM »
or a web enabled cell phone, Wii, PS3, telegraph, etc.  :wink:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 04:45:59 AM »
Actually, I'll come clean.

I sent my vintage WWII-era typewriter to D-Lite and he modded it for wireless Ethernet and added an 8" floppy drive.

offsidewing

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 07:12:12 AM »

I sent my vintage WWII-era typewriter to D-Lite and he modded it for wireless Ethernet and added an 8" floppy drive.

Did you get a region-switch installed so you could type in Japanese??

Oh, I guess I was being to literal with "PC."  I forgot about Mac's and SGI machines. 

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 02:01:09 PM »

Internet cafe, Saturn Netlink, Wii, PS3, PSP, Mac...
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

malducci

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 03:19:53 PM »

Did you get a region-switch installed so you could type in Japanese??

Oh, I guess I was being to literal with "PC."  I forgot about Mac's and SGI machines. 

I guess you must be of the younger generation. PC was and still is associated with intel windows and/or DOS based systems, as opposed to MACs. There's no way I could take PC as literal from all those past years of PC vs MAC. A general FYI: PC is short for IBM-PC which meant intel system running DOS (or IBM PC DOS for those who are older enough to remember). The term carried over to intel based systems running Windows OS.

Keranu: I don't think so... it's been awhile.

Joe: I swore my copy of LOT for SegaCD did the exact same thing (maybe I had a alternate version or bad dump of the ISO).