Author Topic: FS list. Turbo Grafx games  (Read 784 times)

runinruder

Re: FS list. Turbo Grafx games
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 01:25:58 PM »
I wouldn't shed many tears over it.  Terraforming is as mediocre as they come, and the JP version is a lot cheaper. 

I know Nat collects the US editions (and, in light of that fact, he got a good deal here), but anyone who's just interested in playing the game can pick it up for 39 bucks from Wolfgames right now. 

Or just buy a much better game instead. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nat

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 03:48:24 PM »
runinruder is right and there aren't too many titles left at this point that I need for my US collection. I can't speak about how cool or crappy the game itself might be; I've never played it. But a US copy of Terraforming is one I've been trying to get hold of at a halfway decent price for any number of years now. US copies frequently pop up in eBay stores for $199.99 (there's two up now in fact) which, as we all know, is highway robbery.

Unfortunately for me, most of the titles I still need to complete my US collection are the high ticket items: Magical Chase, Super Air Zonk, and Dynastic Hero (Wonderboy V). There are a couple other inexpensive every day games I need too, like Neutopia and Time Cruise.

I wish I lived in the midwest so that I could attend this MGC swap meet. :(

runinruder

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 03:59:41 PM »
Oh man, I didn't know the price for US Terraforming was getting THAT bad.  Looks like you did really well here, Nat.

Turbo D

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 05:21:24 PM »
Good luck on completing your US collection nat  :)

GUTS

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 08:19:10 AM »
Does Bonk 3 CD really go for $180?  Holy shit, I need to sell my US copy STAT.

offsidewing

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 10:23:53 AM »
Does Bonk 3 CD really go for $180?  Holy shit, I need to sell my US copy STAT.

$200+ on ePay.  I've been mulling over selling mine...

nat

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 10:37:25 AM »
Does Bonk 3 CD really go for $180? 

Where've you been the past couple years?

nodtveidt

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »
The price for the later US games is utterly ridiculous and stupid, and anyone who sells them for ridiculously high prices is retarded. $250 for Neutopia II? Over $200 for Bonk 3 (hucard AND cd go for this price)? Complete and utter bullshit. They're not THAT rare, and are certainly not worth these idiotic prices. What, do people need more money for gasoline?

vestcoat

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »
Agreed. 

For what it's worth, Bonk 3 hucard is cheaper than the SCD; usually going for $60+.  The $200+ hucards are sealed, BIN copies that don't sell for months.

Thank God TZD still has Lords of Thunder.  If that game was rare it would cost more than Dynastic Hero.

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 03:04:38 PM »
$250 for Neutopia II?
I don't think I've seen Neutopia II go anywhere near that price, but I wouldn't be surprised on eBay these days.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

offsidewing

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 03:33:18 PM »
Yeah,  I watched a 'Mint' Bonk 3 HuCard with Instructions on ebay at $65 BIN for three days.  I had just spend my weekly Turbo Budget, or I'd have snatched it.

I figured if it was on there for a couple days at $65, it's not that uncommon.

GUTS

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 08:46:31 AM »
Well I bought the Bonk 3 on ebay last year for $80 so thats why it's so surprising that it jumped up that much.

nat

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:41 AM »
Well I bought the Bonk 3 on ebay last year for $80 so thats why it's so surprising that it jumped up that much.

You got a fantastic deal then.

I was looking into getting Bonk 3 CD around Jan-Feb 2006 (almost a year and a half ago) and it was well over $100. Even the HuCard was around $100 at that time. Luckily, I bought the HuCard back in the '90s from TZD when it was still $29.99 (or was it $49.99?).

runinruder

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 09:16:37 AM »

It hasn't jumped up since then.  Bonk 3 CD has been going for $180+ for a few years now.

The auction you won was an anomaly.  For one thing, it was an actual bidding auction as opposed to a Buy it Now posting.  Most Bonk 3 CD postings these days are Buy it Nows with prices around $250 (and they usually sit there for a while).  And yours had a low starting price, with no reserve.  That combination is almost unheard of in auctions for the rare US games these days.  Also, wasn't part of the manual clipped off or something?  The collectors will sometimes shy away from those--wouldn't want a manual missing half an inch of a single page corner to be on display in the trophy case. 

GUTS

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
Oh yeah the "turbo points" triangle on the back of the manual is missing, I forgot about that.  $100 off because of a 1/2 inch triangle missing from the back of manual, haha.