Author Topic: Mysterious Song development log (aka sleepless ranting)  (Read 3346 times)

nat

Re: Mysterious Song development log (aka sleepless ranting)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 10:46:41 AM »
However, I don't want to reveal my name (I'm uncomfortable with doing so), so it will not happen.

Is your name Buttcrack McGee?

FM-77

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 11:13:15 AM »
Naw, but I'm a paranoid dude. :P

nodtveidt

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »
Ugh, I don't know if it's lack of sleep, compiler errors, or whatever, but I'm tearing my freakin' hair out with the damn combat system. It's rather complex to implement, and for some reason, I just can't get the code right. This kind of stuff is bloody-hell easy on the PC, but here, it's a real nightmare. Kind of ironic, because I always had problems coding platformers on the PC, but those are easy peasy here in PCE land. A complete reversal of genre difficulty. ](*,) Oh well...I'll get it eventually, because there's no quitting until it's finished! :twisted:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »
Naw, but I'm a paranoid dude. :P

No, that would be me :wink:

BTW, Nod, I don't know if I should be listed for music, as I only reworked it some.  I should probably be listed seperatly.  I don't want the credits to look like I composed some of the music, since I didn't. 

As for my name, I suppose I could use my internet name Drake Woods which I'm also known as, but, most people know me as Paranoia Dragon, if not Drake Woods.  If anyone saw the name Idarnoc Neb, they'd wonder who the hell reworked the music.  I want a familiar name in there, when people buy it, they go OH, so it's THAT ***hole that reworked the music! :clap:  Even if I was listed as Drake Woods, I'd still want it to have the PD name in there as well.  And, yeah, Japanese game makers use fake names all the time, from simple stuff, like Iga, the others where there is no connection to there real name at all.

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 07:28:58 PM »
I want a familiar name in there, when people buy it, they go OH, so it's THAT ***hole that reworked the music! :clap:  Even if I was listed as Drake Woods, I'd still want it to have the PD name in there as well.
Haha, yeah that's how I think about it too. Most people won't recognize us by our real names, so I think it's good to include both.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 12:43:21 AM »
I'd prefer to use my real name as well, partly because it looks more professional, and partly because I don't want to be known as "Seldane" anymore, ugh. However, I don't want to reveal my name (I'm uncomfortable with doing so), so it will not happen.
WTF!!??? FM-77 = Seldane? When did this happen? During my recent hiatus, I'm sure....

And here I thought we had a brand-new, active member...

:)
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 12:54:28 AM »
A brand new member that has over 1700 posts :-s  Anyways, he's been changing his name back n forth it seems like lately, mainly at the Ancient Land of Ys boards.

Equuskia

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 01:15:43 AM »
I always thought "Seldane" was cool. fm-77 sounds like a radio station.

esteban

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 02:46:31 AM »
A brand new member that has over 1700 posts :-s  Anyways, he's been changing his name back n forth it seems like lately, mainly at the Ancient Land of Ys boards.
I never look at post counts, or anything else beyond names / avatars (to identify an author).  In my world, FM-77 was a brand-new member :).

I didn't even know that I could change my name! I've wanted to change my name a long time ago, but didn't want to go through the hassle of creating a new account. Hmmmmmmm....
  |    | 

2X4

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 03:30:44 AM »
I think using your internet handles is entirely appropriate, since your collaberation was all done online.  I actually think it would be cooler.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Equuskia

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 05:15:03 AM »
There's no confusing me, I'm the only Equuskia in existance.  :mrgreen:

nodtveidt

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 05:46:43 AM »
I finally had to do what I was dreading doing...the separation of the map and battle programs. I was hoping I could cram both into the same execoverlay, but it wasn't to be...they had to part. As a result, the size of the map program has dropped dramatically (from 248KB to 112KB), meaning it should load close to instantly (it DOES load instantly on the emulator). There will be some load time for battles but it shouldn't be too heavy, since I'm limiting the amount of data included into the execoverlay itself. But with this split, there is suddenly a tremendous amount of free memory in both programs, so I'll be able to not only complete both programs now, but will be able to add some extra features.

nodtveidt

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »
With the recent changes to the system, I was able to get some other important details coded in, such as world map events:

From here, the rest of the game will be blindingly simple to complete, the only large problem left is the battle system itself. But in its own program space, there's plenty of freedom to move around, so it'll all come together nicely. Next up: adding the next town. :)

Keranu

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »
WTF!!??? FM-77 = Seldane? When did this happen? During my recent hiatus, I'm sure....

And here I thought we had a brand-new, active member...

:)
This took me a little while to figure out as well. I think he just sort of changed it out of nowhere and didn't even mention why  :mrgreen: . I know someone asked about it in another thread, but not sure if Sel... err, FM-77 responded to it yet.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 09:38:17 AM »
It was me. And he did respond with a cryptic, meaningless answer.

Actually he said he was tired of being known as "Seldane".

Unfortunately for him, everyone will continue to call him as such.