Author Topic: I need help identifying my system  (Read 487 times)

animekenji

I need help identifying my system
« on: March 23, 2002, 12:28:00 PM »
I have a system that looks like a Core Grafx II but it does not say Core Grafx II on the top like all the pictures I have ever seen. It says 'IC CARD SYSTEM' in silver and below that in blue it says PC-II with two intersecting ovals that look like planetary orbits. On the bottom it says TV GAME CONSOLE, COMPUTER VIDEO GAME, MODEL Y-730-AV followed by the serial number which is 0000283. It does not say NEC anywhere on this thing, but it plays HU Cards and even mounts up in my IFU-30, but I have no CD's to test if it works with that. Is this a genuine NEC PC Engine or some cheap Taiwanese or Chinese rip off??

guyjin

Re: I need help identifying my system
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2002, 05:27:00 AM »
Does it play US or Japanese hucards?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

emul8this

Re: I need help identifying my system
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 12:49:00 AM »
Its a Taiwan rip-off. back in the days when PCE were almost at peak sales these emerged from taiwan and sold in Hong Kong but at a fraction of the price. It did have some compatiblility problems such as some controller will not work and some games garbled.

animekenji

PC Engine clone
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 11:49:00 PM »
Yeah, it plays Japanese Hu-cards and I suspected it was not an actual NEC unit. I still think I got a good deal though. I got this thing with a CD-ROM2 and the interface unit for $100. I have seen the CDROM2 and the interface go for that by themselves.