Author Topic: PC Engine/TG Overclocking?  (Read 952 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: PC Engine/TG Overclocking?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 06:38:45 AM »
coughing up a half-digested turkey

Awesome, simply awesome.  I didn't know that there was a port of this to SNES.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
Mike: The SNES could easily do The Legend of Xanadu 2. Ever played Ys V? Those games were released around the same time, and they look practically identical.
It may have been able to,sure,but it never did,and Ys V is not as good a game. Not horrible or sucky,just not as good.

FM-77

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »
You're right. It's not a good game, it's a great game! I consider it the best in the entire series. Truly a masterpiece. Pretty boring in the beginning, but it gets a LOT better later on. An incredibly underrated game, but I know the reason to that is because nobody's actually played it. Everybody's loss.

GUTS

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 07:47:02 PM »
I beat it!  Great game, I wish someone would translate it so I could play through it again and understand the story.  I loved the bigger graphics and how it was a nice change of pace from the standard Ys formula.

nat

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 08:12:32 PM »
I plan on getting a copy and playing through Ys V after I finish Ys IV on my Turbo.

FM-77

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 01:44:41 AM »
I beat it!  Great game, I wish someone would translate it so I could play through it again and understand the story.  I loved the bigger graphics and how it was a nice change of pace from the standard Ys formula.

Not sure if you've missed this or not, but it is actually getting translated. The script is 100% finished, but the hacking's not quite there yet. The guy doing is apparently kinda busy right now (moving + unemployed and looking for work), so it'll probably take a very long time before the patch gets released.

runinruder

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 02:09:15 AM »
Damn, I was so close to buying Ys V a few years ago and then I decided not to at the last minute (I think I found a particularly negative review or something).   :cry:  It went for low prices back then; anyone know if it's still cheap now?
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

FM-77

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 02:20:07 AM »
Yep, it is cheaper now. I haven't seen it go for more than 10-15 dollars on Ebay for at least a year.

GUTS

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 06:24:10 PM »
Damn that's awesome about the translation, last I saw it was listed as "dead" on romhacking.net, so that is kickass news.

Runin yeah you should buy Ys V, great game, I think you'd like it.

nodtveidt

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »
Take anything you see on romhacking.net with a quart-sized grain of salt.

GUTS

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »
Why?  That's where a majority of the people involved in that stuff post, of any place on the net I would think that would be the best source of information.

nodtveidt

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 03:51:18 AM »
Why? Because it's also a great source of MISinformation.