Author Topic: Mysterious Song "Press Release"  (Read 274 times)

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song "Press Release"
« on: July 23, 2007, 04:55:10 PM »
Okay so this isn't really a press release but hey, whatever. :D

I just wanted to let everyone know that the beta testing of Mysterious Song has been going extremely well, the beta test team is doing one hell of a great job in finding problems, making good suggestions, and in general helping to improve the quality and presentation of the game. Throughout this process, not only have we corrected a lot of bugs in the game, but also found a few problems in the compiler itself. Furthermore, some of the graphics have received updates for better continuity, and new features have been added that never existed in the original game.

I will say though that this port of Mysterious Song seems slightly easier than its original PC version. I am not sure the reason for this, considering all of the statistics are the same, the battle calculations are identical, etc. It might have to do with the difference in random number generators, I don't know for sure...or perhaps I'm just a hell of a lot better of a player than I was in times past. :D

The reason I wanted to post this was because we were having one major crash error with the game prior to today, where seemingly random pieces of code would trigger out of nowhere and maps would fail to load. The root of the problem was finally determined, and the problem was fixed, completely stabilizing the game. So, for anyone who is a HuC coder...beware of the set_joy_callback() function...it can cause you a lot of headaches, as it did us. Don't use it if you don't have to, and if you DO use it, be sure to kill it when you're done with it or it will haunt you...literally. To kill it off, call it again, setting the mask (the second argument) to 0 so it no longer has any gamepads to look at. I don't know if this is the "official" way to handle this problem, but it stopped all the problems we were having. A huge breath of relief was felt when this error was finally snuffed out, as this is a problem that has plagued the game since beta testing began.

2X4

Re: Mysterious Song "Press Release"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »
This is excellent news!  Sounds like things are moving right along.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .