Author Topic: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 03/15/2010 - Rondo of Blood)  (Read 7647 times)

Keranu

Re: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 01/14/07-Riot Zone)
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2008, 04:07:32 PM »
Hmm, I wonder how Riot Zone will go over for VC owners who never touched it.

Probably not very good.Going by the bad review Ign gave it.http://wii.ign.com/articles/848/848725p1.html
Yeah I no this is A old topic.

I guess IGN must've given Final Fight and Streets of Rage 5/10's at the most, going by the writing in the review...

-but it looks like SoR got 6.5 and SNES FF got a freaking 8! Not only is the SNES FF the same kind of 'repetetive plow through the same enemies' style game, but just like Riot Zone (but unlike SoR) its also only single player!

Seriously though, these review scores are perfectly proportioned to how "jounalists" favor/rate the three consoles:

SNES: 8
Genesis: 6.5
Turbo Duo: 4

Oh man, that's such garbage.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

Re: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 02/11/08-Lords of Thunder)
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:47 AM »

Good golly miss molly!! What a joke. Streets of Rage is awesome. It was one of the Genesis's best games. Did they hire old GamePro reviewers?

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

T2KFreeker

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »

Good golly miss molly!! What a joke. Streets of Rage is awesome. It was one of the Genesis's best games. Did they hire old GamePro reviewers?

What a bunch of crap. I hate the SNES, Like the Genesis and love my Turbo systems. I'd be all over a Wii if they would release Beyond Shadowgate.
END OF LINE.

nat

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2008, 10:46:31 AM »
I'd be all over a Wii if they would release Beyond Shadowgate.

Damn, it's been like two years since you've been on here hasn't it?

Anyway, so far no ICOM games on VC. Doesn't mean we won't see them eventually, but it doesn't bode well.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2008, 11:46:53 PM »
I'd be all over a Wii if they would release Beyond Shadowgate.

Damn, it's been like two years since you've been on here hasn't it?

Anyway, so far no ICOM games on VC. Doesn't mean we won't see them eventually, but it doesn't bode well.

Yeah, it has been awhile. Been busy as Hell. Nice to see that I am remembered though. LOL. Getting back into the Turbo again. Not that I got out, but had to sell stuff as the real world came crashing down. Getting my stuff back finally. My buddy has a Wii and that has been how I was getting my Turbo fix. Not the same as the real thing though.
END OF LINE.

Turbo D

« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2008, 11:09:21 PM »

What a bunch of crap. I hate the SNES, Like the Genesis and love my Turbo systems. I'd be all over a Wii if they would release Beyond Shadowgate.

Down with the snes !  :twisted:

geise

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2008, 03:18:21 AM »
I liked the SNES, but I had that after a Genesis and TG-16.  Actually my brother and I won the SNES in a radio show contest.  We got it a couple weeks before the SNES release day.  I'm not sure if we would've ever bought one.  I was never one of those Mario/Zelda fanboys.  I like them but thought they were very overrated.  I was into mainly just the Konami games like Goemon/Mystical Ninja, Castlevania IV, Turtles in Time, Sunset Riders, Contra 3, Axelay.  I also loved Super Turrican, Super Adventure Island, Actraiser, Space Megaforce/Super Aleste, Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Lagoon, Super EDF, Ninja Warriors Again, and FF 4-6. (only FF's I like).  The Turbo community then was just as small as it is now.  So of course since people haven't heard of it or played it, it must not be that good.  I also think this goes into people's reviews of the games.  I can't wait till someone reviews Lords of Thunder and mentions the Sega CD version.  The IGN review of Dynastic Hero is quite crap.  Take a look at the comments as well.  People saying the hero looks like Mega Man.  Yeah Westone didn't develop it,  but still it's not a knock off/rip off  title as some reviewers are saying.  Hey if people want to miss out on good games that's fine with me.  It doesn't keep me from playing all the Turbo stuff.  Their loss.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2008, 01:36:44 PM »
I liked the SNES, but I had that after a Genesis and TG-16.  Actually my brother and I won the SNES in a radio show contest.  We got it a couple weeks before the SNES release day.  I'm not sure if we would've ever bought one.  I was never one of those Mario/Zelda fanboys.  I like them but thought they were very overrated.  I was into mainly just the Konami games like Goemon/Mystical Ninja, Castlevania IV, Turtles in Time, Sunset Riders, Contra 3, Axelay.  I also loved Super Turrican, Super Adventure Island, Actraiser, Space Megaforce/Super Aleste, Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Lagoon, Super EDF, Ninja Warriors Again, and FF 4-6. (only FF's I like).  The Turbo community then was just as small as it is now.  So of course since people haven't heard of it or played it, it must not be that good.  I also think this goes into people's reviews of the games.  I can't wait till someone reviews Lords of Thunder and mentions the Sega CD version.  The IGN review of Dynastic Hero is quite crap.  Take a look at the comments as well.  People saying the hero looks like Mega Man.  Yeah Westone didn't develop it,  but still it's not a knock off/rip off  title as some reviewers are saying.  Hey if people want to miss out on good games that's fine with me.  It doesn't keep me from playing all the Turbo stuff.  Their loss.

Like IGN really knows what the Hell they are talking about? Morons, all of them.
END OF LINE.

Black Tiger

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2008, 07:30:32 AM »
While looking for some Dungeon Explorer II screenshots I came upon this-

http://vc-pce.com/jpn/j/title/dungeon_explorer2.html

Does this mean its already out in japan? Hopefully if they release it over here it'll help drive down the collector's price.

After looking further, it looks like it's probably an unofficial site. However, it lists Dracula X as having a release date of April and the following games as already out-

Panic Bomber
Neo Nectaris
Dragon Slayer
Image Fight
Image Fight II
Gradius
Gradius II

http://vc-pce.com/jpn/j/index.html

Even though Hudson may be too lazy to bring over most of whats getting released in japan, its a nice sign seeing the Konami games getting the VC treatment.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »
Does this mean its already out in japan?

Yup, it was released early in February.  The only titles that have been rated by the ESRB but not yet released in the U.S. are Break In, Dragon Slayer, Final Soldier, Sim Earth (why?), and Ys I & II.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2008, 04:03:21 PM »
Does this mean its already out in japan?

Yup, it was released early in February.  The only titles that have been rated by the ESRB but not yet released in the U.S. are Break In, Dragon Slayer, Final Soldier, Sim Earth (why?), and Ys I & II.

Break In?  That's kind of random, are you sure it's listed??

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2008, 06:18:25 PM »

Yup.  It received an 'E', though it has a tobacco reference according to the ESRB (I think that's just on the title screen).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TR0N

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2008, 08:11:09 PM »
While looking for some Dungeon Explorer II screenshots I came upon this-

http://vc-pce.com/jpn/j/title/dungeon_explorer2.html

Does this mean its already out in japan? Hopefully if they release it over here it'll help drive down the collector's price.

After looking further, it looks like it's probably an unofficial site. However, it lists Dracula X as having a release date of April and the following games as already out-

Even though Hudson may be too lazy to bring over most of whats getting released in japan, its a nice sign seeing the Konami games getting the VC treatment.

Oh man right afther i spend a $100.00+ get a u.s,DE2 for my duo  :oops:

I was just thinking to "myself a while back watch it popup pretty soon for the vc.

Still it's no surpise if it does get the vc treatment soon it is by hudson afther all.

No lincense to deal with or paying some crazy fee to get it on there.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »

Yup.  It received an 'E', though it has a tobacco reference according to the ESRB (I think that's just on the title screen).

That's cool, another japanese game making it over here.  When the day comes that I pick up a Wii, I will buy it, only for that reason!

Black Tiger

« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2008, 01:02:30 AM »
Oh man right afther i spend a $100.00+ get a u.s,DE2 for my duo  :oops:

I was just thinking to "myself a while back watch it popup pretty soon for the vc.

Still it's no surpise if it does get the vc treatment soon it is by hudson afther all.

No lincense to deal with or paying some crazy fee to get it on there.

Unless WD was supposed to get residuals for their part.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum