Author Topic: if some morons judging the top 10 of shoot'em ups, then..  (Read 604 times)

WoodyXP

Re: if some morons judging the top 10 of shoot'em ups, then..
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 10:31:08 PM »
I shot my drink out my nose when I saw Raptor on the list.
Raptor is a good game, but in the top ten?  C'mon.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »
Why are these guys trying to sound like radio DJs?  Nobody thinks radio DJs are cool.

Tatsujin

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 10:55:40 PM »
maybe they think :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 11:22:46 PM »
Geez, this shit is horrible...

What's the one kids show on TV with the puppet lemur or whatever? This shit reminds me of whatever the hell that show is. The difference, I suppose, is that the lemur show is infantile on purpose.

And Joe is right. I expect to be told to "come on down" to the local Chevy dealership for free hot dogs and balloons if I test drive a Cobalt.

I do agree with some of their choices though; Ikaruga, R-Type, and Galaga. I ceased enjoying R-Type a decade ago (at least) but it is an important game historically speaking. Galaga is f*cking great is the most playable game that is that old except maybe Ms. Pac Man. Ikaruga is just f*cking amazing. I love it.

Xevious is pretty much unplayble for me. Its incredibly boring. Area 88 is nice, and truly an overlooked gem, but probably not even a top 50, certainly not #1.

I'd have stuff on there like GoT, ESP Ra.De., Radiant Silvergun, Blazing Star...newer stuff, mostly, and my entire list would probably be arcade releases except maybe GoT.

If I was going to put weird off the wall shit on there that nobody else would vote for: Game Tengoku, Akenvader, Dandan Feveron, and Macross: DYRL (Saturn).

As Top 10 lists on corporate websites go, 3 out of 10 isn't bad, but this thing is still embarrassing.

Tablet

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 11:31:04 PM »
Yeah i was kinda dissapointed with their choices aswell, dunno why its always like 90% of thier stuff is nintendo and maybe they'll throw in a sega game or a pc one just to show their not biosed, good example being their top 10 ninjas video, tut tut.

If you go on the proper screwattack website they have like one TG-16 review and its for one of the Bonk games

Tatsujin

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 04:04:12 AM »
I ceased enjoying R-Type a decade ago (at least) but it is an important game historically speaking.

but please notice that the not talking about the historically and legendary R-Type we all love so much, but about the crappy and foozled SNES port of R-Type II aka Super R-Type. still wonder, where in gods name the "super" is got to?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 06:59:25 AM »
Geez, this shit is horrible...

What's the one kids show on TV with the puppet lemur or whatever? This shit reminds me of whatever the hell that show is. The difference, I suppose, is that the lemur show is infantile on purpose.

The sad thing is that I know you're talking about Bear In The Big Blue House.  The sadder thing is I know that lemur's name is Treelo.  :shock:

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
f*ck ScrewAttack. They've been getting on my nerves alot lately. And yeah, that Top 10 Shoot Em Up list is horrible.

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.