Author Topic: "Galaga '90" High Scores  (Read 2972 times)

rag-time4

Re: Galaga '90 High Scores
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »
I see three high scores in the thread.... but somebody is hogging the first post all for himself...  :roll:

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 05:33:03 PM »
Scores added! Thanks for competing, buds!

Oh, and I also used the "galactic dancing" secret for extra bonus points.
I think for my score I actually perfected every Galactic Dancing stage, but might've missed just one or two. You really have to be in the butterzone for some of those stages to keep your concentration! So much fun and the music really helps the rhythm of the game! :)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
Keranu, you should punctuate your high scores with commas. Makes them easier to read. Just a suggestion...

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »
Keranu, you should punctuate your high scores with commas. Makes them easier to read. Just a suggestion...
Suggestion taken 8) . I thought about doing it when I made it, but not sure why I refrained... maybe because the game didn't display them with commas.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 06:11:22 PM »
Yes!  My high score!  BEAT THIS! 382,970!!!

Hell yeah!  Actually this is likely not my highest score as I've made it further into the game, but it's the score I achieved playing it one time tonight.  At least I scored better than the homo who only got 20,000 points.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »
Added your score, Joe 8) . I'm about to do what you did and just pull the quickest score out of my ass for any game I see just to use it as a temporary placehold until I acquire a better score. Besides, it makes you look cool because you'll be in the top 5 for at least a short time  :mrgreen: .

Odonadon

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 03:49:14 PM »
Scores added! Thanks for competing, buds!

Oh, and I also used the "galactic dancing" secret for extra bonus points.
I think for my score I actually perfected every Galactic Dancing stage, but might've missed just one or two. You really have to be in the butterzone for some of those stages to keep your concentration! So much fun and the music really helps the rhythm of the game! :)

I think you get more points if you perfect the bonus levels than if you don't move or shoot, because you get the perfect bonus plus all the points of the individual bugs?  That's what I did, I figured it'd help my score.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

ceti alpha

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »
I think you get more points if you perfect the bonus levels than if you don't move or shoot, because you get the perfect bonus plus all the points of the individual bugs?  That's what I did, I figured it'd help my score.

Yeah, that makes total sense. I've just been using the secret bonus because I just got the game for the Duo and it's a novelty. However, you would really get more points that way and plus it's just more fun to try.  :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

ceti alpha

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 11:42:22 AM »
OK. I've been remembering to collect the blue capsules from the first two levels. I know I've been saying that Galaga '90 is too easy, but let me tell you that by collecting the capsules on the 1st two levels significantly increases the difficulty.  :dance:  You can basically sleep through the game and beat it otherwise, but man now I have to fight my way through...especially nearing the end of the game. I have yet been able to beat it actually on this difficulty. I can make it to the boss, but he moves much more quickly and throws waaayy more bugs at you.

So, even though it's still easier than the arcade, this revelation (at least for me  :wink:) is great news. I love a challenge, and this is going to provide me with many more hours of fun.  :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll be posting my new highscore soon.  :pray:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 01:43:41 PM »
Oh... maybe I'll get a higher score if I don't collect those.  I always collect them.  I figured they were some sort of bonus.

ceti alpha

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »
Oh... maybe I'll get a higher score if I don't collect those.  I always collect them.  I figured they were some sort of bonus.

Well, it's hard to say, but I would think your score would be higher if you do collect the capsules. The harder the enemies, the more points they give you. You can rack up some serious points on the most difficult route. Just beating the end boss is the hard part.  ](*,) The last formation of ships before the boss is super hard as well.  ](*,) I just tried the damn thing again and couldn't beat the boss. It is hard. 

But I'm going to keep trying.  :-({|=

Keranu

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 05:10:07 PM »
I can make it to the boss, but he moves much more quickly and throws waaayy more bugs at you.
Yeah that boss is hard.

ceti alpha

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 06:41:18 PM »
At least I scored better than the homo who only got 20,000 points.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  :clap: I can't believe I've missed that until now!  :-$ Nice one.   8)

Ok, I gave it one last go tonight when I should have been sleeping. hehe  #-o I'm going to feel it in the morning....wait...it is the morning.  #-o

But it was worth it in the end. I beat Galaga '90 on the most difficult route, which I believe was the cause for the higher score, as I still going after the secret bonuses in the challenging stages. heh. My next mission is to perfect the challenging stages.  :dance:  Oh, and let me tell you that it was down to the wire. I just barely made it past the final boss. You really need to make to the boss with the triple-ship, but making it past the final wave of giant bugs that come after you right before the boss without getting hit is so hard.  ](*,)

Final score: 1,252,560

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:51:39 PM by ceti alpha »

Keranu

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 07:57:57 PM »
Nice score, I added it to the list!

I'm not sure how we should do this, but I removed ceti's old high score from the list. If people insist we should keep old high scores, let me know.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 09:10:55 PM »
I demand Namco go back in time and add a SAVE feature to this game for the high scores.