Author Topic: "Pac-Land" High Scores  (Read 508 times)

nat

"Pac-Land" High Scores
« on: September 24, 2007, 07:03:41 AM »

Pac-Land
190,190 - Nat

Pac-Land PRO
180,040 - Nat

Fantastic forum idea, Aaron. Grand slam!

So let's begin... Nothing too impressive here. This was my game-ending score after having to use a couple continues. I'm going to split this into two lists, one for the regular game, and one for the "PRO" game:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:58:33 PM by nat »

rag-time4

Re: "Pac-Land" High Scores
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:26:21 AM »
Fantastic forum idea, Aaron. Grand slam!

So let's begin... Nothing too impressive here. This was my game-ending score after having to use a couple continues. I'm going to split this into two lists, one for the regular game, and one for the "PRO" game:

Pac-Land
190,190 - Nat

Pac-Land PRO
180,040 - Nat

What's the difference between pac-land and pac-land pro?

nat

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 08:21:36 AM »
What's the difference between pac-land and pac-land pro?

After you complete Pac-Land, you unlock a second game on the cart called "Pac-Land PRO".

The levels are different (but similar at the same time, if that makes any sense), the color pallete used for the levels is different (everything is in bright, neon colors, very 80's) and the game is extremely difficult. There are twice as many enemies, and they now move at utterly RIDICULOUS speeds. You know the pogo-stick douchebags? Imagine one hopping from one side of the screen to the other in 1.5 seconds. Pac-Man still runs at the same speed as in the regular game so your only recourse in many cases is to ride on the fast enemies through to the end.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:23:42 AM »
Wow, that was quick Nat!  Thanks for posting up your Pac-Land scores.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

nat

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:25:46 AM »
Wow, that was quick Nat!  Thanks for posting up your Pac-Land scores.

I didn't actually just play that to get those scores-- those are a few months old. :) I just happened to have the screenshot available so I figured I'd give the new forum a nice kick-off.

Please prepare for the upcoming Space Harrier high score challenge. Screenshots will be required.

Bring on the competition!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:29:58 AM by nat »

Pcenginefx

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:32:57 AM »
I'm going to be making banner gfx for each game here just to make things cooler so don't freak out if your post suddenly has a banner gfx edited in it :)
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com