Author Topic: help, my pc engine doesnt work :(  (Read 288 times)

Vanquish

help, my pc engine doesnt work :(
« on: July 15, 2004, 01:12:41 AM »
Hello, i recently bought a pc engine with interface unit, cdrom2 and a system card 1.0, 3.0 was supposed to come with the pack, but it didnt :(

Well, the situation is that the CD plays at least CD audio and the interface seems to work as the green switch tuns on and the CD works, but when i switch on the pc engine itself, nothing appears on the screen :(
I plugged the RGB cables to the interface unit, the AC power supply and the controller... then i turn the interface unit on and after that, the pc engine... am i doing anything wrong? i hope so  :cry:

Thanks

Vanquish

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:01:47 AM »
Actually i am using the SNES AC adaptor, since i need a 220v one and the one included is 110v japanese.

Both are 9V, so i think that isnt the problem, and the CDrom and the interface are working with it.

Anyone is using another AC adapter from a mega drive/genesis or the SNES?

This is sooo frustrating :(

Vanquish

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 11:47:09 AM »
btw, in which channel can i view the pc engine with the rf cable?
MegaDrive is channel 36, Snes and nes, channel 3, which for the pc engine? thanks

Nutribrain

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 05:09:18 AM »
I don't know what's going wrong with your setup. Check the voltage (V and Amphere) its written somewhere on the interface unit. Then check the PCE along without the interface unit. Does it displays a picture on your TV?

Even if you don't have a game the system card should display something on your screen.

Sorry that I cannot tell you which channel to use, I have a RGB modded white PCE and use the RGB port.