Author Topic: More TG16 VC review bullshit  (Read 1477 times)

Black Tiger

Re: More TG16 VC review bullshit
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
The only people who give good reviews for China Warrior these days are a few people from these boards, so I don't know where you're getting your information, Sel.

And I agree, China Warrior could be classified as a tech demo, but does that mean it's a bad game? Far from it. Just because a game has critical flaws doesn't mean it's not enjoyable.

All puzzle and mini games are only tech demos and they're now more popular than ever.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 03:02:01 PM »
You folks do remember that when I was a kid I called this game "Cheena Warrior" because some idiot in school said it was pronounced that way, right? And, I believed him, even though I should have known better. It took me a year to realize what a dumbass I was.

That alone should warm your China Warrior-hating hearts and give this game a chance.

China Warrior is a work of art compared to Altered Beast on Genesis. Take that, motherf*ckers!

:)
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 03:22:40 PM »
I gotta admit, as much as I love China Warrior, it was a bad choice, atleast, this early in the game!  I hope they release Drop Off next!!

Done and done.

Next month's releases include- Dragon Spirit, Air Zonk, Devil's Crush, Drop Off and Silent Debuggers.

At this rate, the Turbo catalogue will be maxed in no time.

Wait, they're actually releasing Drop Off?  I specifically told them over at the Hudson boards, NOT to!  That game is terrible!  I mean, there are worse, but, sheesh!  Silent Debuggers doesn't really do much for me either unfortunatly.

FM-77

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2007, 01:26:21 AM »
they're actually releasing Drop Off?  I specifically told them over at the Hudson boards, NOT to!  That game is terrible!  I mean, there are worse, but, sheesh!  Silent Debuggers doesn't really do much for me either unfortunatly.

You think they listen to fans? They do what they want to, and that's it. :P

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 07:07:37 PM »
I know, I know, but, still, that game is craptastic! ](*,)

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 06:03:57 AM »
Just wait until Night Creatures gets released(they're going to bring back every Turbochip they can). I'd also say Darkwing Duck and Talespin, but I think Hudson's too cheap to pay for the licensing.

Although... those particular licenses may be pretty cheap right now since all that Disney has done with them is release ultra budget low quality dvd sets for kids.

And Hudson may go for it since licensed games on average do way better than original titles.... and they may be banking on familes who own these show on dvd to fall for the trap...

As for Night Creatures, I hope they do something to fix it, since a few minor tweaks like actual collision, a couple extra bgm's and unlimited continues would totally transform the game.

FM-77

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 06:07:02 AM »
Aah, it was Night Creatures that was bad! I always confuse it with Shape shifter for some reason.

Black Tiger

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »
Aah, it was Night Creatures that was bad! I always confuse it with Shape shifter for some reason.

Probably because they're both non-japanese Castletroids in which you gain new beast forms by defeating bosses.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »
Well, Tale Spin is a decent game in some respects, but Darkwing Duck......no.  Though there are a few nice looking parts, like the magnifying glass, & the ridiculous amount of paralax in Moliarty's level.

Keranu

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2007, 08:43:02 PM »
Well, Tale Spin is a decent game in some respects, but Darkwing Duck......no.  Though there are a few nice looking parts, like the magnifying glass, & the ridiculous amount of paralax in Moliarty's level.
Completely agreed, though I don't remember Moliarty's level so I can't really comment on that! The scenes before levels started in Darkwing Dark present a really cool looking game but once you get into the action it just straight up blows. It's a shame too because the bosses seem like they could've been fun.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

offsidewing

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2007, 05:59:24 AM »
Chuck Norris allowed China Warrior to exist.  Can it really be that bad?

ceti alpha

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 05:19:02 AM »
Chuck Norris allowed China Warrior to exist.  Can it really be that bad?

Hehe. Oh Chuck Norris. How will planet Earth repay you for all that you've done?  :mrgreen:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"