Author Topic: "Ys IV The Dawn of Ys" Playtimes  (Read 856 times)

FM-77

"Ys IV The Dawn of Ys" Playtimes
« on: November 23, 2007, 02:04:16 AM »
Yo doods, post your best (shortest) playtimes in Ys IV The Dawn of Ys.

I E the game time you had when you reached the final boss.

If you "win" this almighty contest with the lowest playtime, nothing happens.

If you go through the trouble of playing through the game as fast as you can because you saw this thread, you get no rewards. No praise. Nothing.

Mine is 10:19. Nothing special, but I wasn't aiming for anything either.

Go!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:06:05 AM by FM-77 »

Keranu

Re: "Ys IV The Dawn of Ys" Playtimes
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »
Totally awesome! I might do it around Christmas time, but we'll see. I also love to see tournaments for non-score based games like these because it forces us to think of unique ways to score them! I didn't realize a game like Ys would work so well since it has a timer.

Who wants to start a Tengai Makyou II tourney?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
I finally finished it again today and the playtime was 14:55.  I obviously wasn't in a rush, eh?  This was without using the bracelets, as I assume was the case with FM-77's time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
Hah, I was just thinking about this thread recently. I think I've completed this game around 9 hours before, but I'll have to play through it again sometime soon.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:53:33 AM »
I didn't use the bracelets.

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »
I remember playing through the game with the bracelets before and still having to spend a lot of time leveling up, specifically at that snow part.

nat

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
Just finished this for the first time, playtime was 14:00 exactly at the final boss.

I don't think I used any "bracelets", what do they do exactly? Are those the things you can buy in certain shops, like Pim's? I skipped all that shit. I thought they were used strictly for monetary purposes (ie, buy low in one town, sell high in another) and thus a waste of time so I didn't buy them.

ceti alpha

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 06:29:21 AM »
I'll be conquoring Ys I and II this Christmas, or some time during the winter at the very least...and I should have read the thread title more carefully. heh  #-o  :-#
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:45:22 AM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 01:38:44 AM »
I don't think I used any "bracelets", what do they do exactly? Are those the things you can buy in certain shops, like Pim's? I skipped all that shit. I thought they were used strictly for monetary purposes (ie, buy low in one town, sell high in another) and thus a waste of time so I didn't buy them.

After you beat the game, you can talk to Robin in the developer's room.  He'll give you the option of restarting the game; if you say yes, you'll start off with the gold and silver bracelets.  When worn, the silver bracelet doubles the experience points earned and the gold bracelet doubles the amount of gold (or vice versa).

gekioh

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 09:40:09 AM »
whhooo, hot damn you guys are good, it took me like nearly 19 hours and I was playing the english translation to boot, geuss I will have to try for under 15 as it seems to be the average!

nat

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »

After you beat the game, you can talk to Robin in the developer's room.  He'll give you the option of restarting the game; if you say yes, you'll start off with the gold and silver bracelets.  When worn, the silver bracelet doubles the experience points earned and the gold bracelet doubles the amount of gold (or vice versa).

Huh? Where is this "developer's room?"

When I beat the game, the credits rolled and then it just sat at a screen that said "THE END" with a snowy tree. I wasn't given the option to do anything else.

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 01:32:25 PM »
I'll be conquoring Ys I and II this Christmas, or some time during the winter at the very least...and I should have read the thread title more carefully. heh  #-o  :-#
I just beat I & II on Thanksgiving since it's a tradition for me to play through that game every year on that date. :) I plan on playing through IV around Christmas time (as well as Snatcher, another holiday tradition for me).

Quote from: nat
Huh? Where is this "developer's room?"

When I beat the game, the credits rolled and then it just sat at a screen that said "THE END" with a snowy tree. I wasn't given the option to do anything else.
According to GameFAQs, the code is "Complete the game, restart your TurboDuo, and continue on the same game. You'll now see an option on the menu called "Development Room"." I remember having trouble accessing the developer's room at times too, but I've been in it numerous times. I think you have to reset with RUN+SELECT on the snowy tree screen and then reload your game from there and once you click on it, a yes or no box will pop up asking if you would like to go to the developer's room.

gekioh

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 01:18:27 PM »
what can you do in the developers room

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 02:37:56 AM »
what can you do in the developers room

You can talk to the people that worked on the game (they take the form of various enemies), check your now completely filled inventory to see what you missed (if anything), and view all the animated cut scenes, house interiors, character images, etc.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »
Uh I beat this in one sitting between coming home from school and going to bed.

I am not sure on that playtime but itd be somewhere between 7 and 9 hours.

...yeah.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.