Author Topic: 3 minute preview of new Transformers cartoon.  (Read 1398 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: 3 minute preview of new Transformers cartoon.
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »
Meh, I'm putting up with it.  Actually, some of the guys involved in the show(I think it was Marty Isenberg) isn't all too thrilled with the art direction either.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2007, 08:04:57 PM »
I think they are trying to make it easy to draw so they can complete shows faster and nobody will notice if it looks sloppy and they mess something up... kind of like Picasso.  I'm surprised they even color the damn thing.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2007, 08:34:46 PM »
I think they are trying to make it easy to draw so they can complete shows faster and nobody will notice if it looks sloppy and they mess something up... kind of like Picasso.  I'm surprised they even color the damn thing.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2007, 08:44:02 PM »
I wish they would go all CGI like they did with Beast Wars. I LOVED that show. Cheetor was my favorite character because he was a smart ass. I had the 12-inch figure that made sound and shot out missles and everything!  :dance:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
I'm not sure if I would prefer cell or cg.  I'm loved G1 & I love cell animation, but, I love BW & cgi can be cool.  Maybe cell shaded if it was cg.  The guy/guys that drew up the designs though, are the same ones that did Ben 10 & Teen Titans, which is one of the reasons I would've prefered something more along the lines of Justice League, which, even that, isn't super detailed.  All of Bruce Timm's stuff(aside from the little work he's done on Teen Titans) was simple, but, not as simple as TFA.  But, I'll deal with it.

I haven't really watched Teen Titans myself, but, I've heard that it got alot better over time.  However, I don't know if that means the character art, or the story.  Probably means the story.