Author Topic: 3DO - Hated, Loved, Feared?  (Read 2898 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: 3DO - Hated, Loved, Feared?
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »
Kitsu you are SOOOO clever! Rickrolled LOLOLOLOLOLOL!  OMG u r sooo funy lololololololololololololololol x 10000000000

Quote from: Miggidy Mike H

Thats what I was referring to,as Id never use something after it had  a big crack in it. Too ugly for my love.

How do you deal with the typical hairline cracks that form in the ball on the stick over most NeoGeo controllers?  Mine doesn't have that, but probably more than 50% of them in the world do.  If only SNK manufactured those things to be less pussified, they wouldn't do that.  I should sell my crackless ball on eBay for $1000.

Those are contained inside the ball,Ive never had one I could actually feel cracked. I typically replace the ball on the AES sticks though with a larger heavier one.

Keranu

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »
Expected Kitsune post:

Big balls FTW
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
A larger/heavier ball would probably feel pretty nice on the Neo Geo stick.  The other two things I would change (as I've probably mentioned before) would be to make the whole thing more weighty and less "hollow" feeling, and to make the A B C D buttons at a less-steep angle.  I'd want them more horizontal than vertical like they are now.

Turbo D

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
I've often wondered how the aes stick button layout angle compares to the arcade button layout angle.  :-k

Joe Redifer

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2008, 01:27:20 PM »
They are much better on the arcade cab, more horizontal instead of vertical.  See?

Arcade

Home
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:29:48 PM by Joe Redifer »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »
The Turbo's Goatse Controller > The AES stick.

nat

« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2008, 05:05:47 PM »
Ah, the Power Console.

Turbo D

« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »
Man I wish I owned the power console  =P~

Kitsunexus

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2008, 05:19:26 PM »
It looks like an 80's version of the Steel Battalion controller.

Speaking of the SB controller, I could win so many Street Fighter Anniversary Collection tournaments with that thing:

*CUT TO TOURNAMENT ARENA*

ANNOUNCER: "The Street Fighter Anniversary Collection tournament is about to begin!"

ME: "Hold up." *sets up Steel Battalion controller*

MY OPPONENT: "Dude.... you play....with THAT thing!?"  :shock:

ME: "Nah, "dude". I THROW DOWN with this thing."  :twisted:

MY OPPONENT: "Eh heh heh..."  8-[ *MY OPPONENT exits the arena, shit dripping from his pants*

ANNOUNCER: "Kitsunexus is the winner!!!"

ME: "f*ck yes!"

NARRATOR: "And so Kitsunexus was crowned king of Street Fighter, despite never having been to a tournament in his life before this and actually sucking pretty bad at the game. The End."

*FADE TO BLACK*

/daydreaming
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:21:18 PM by Kitsunexus »

WoodyXP

« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »

How do you deal with the typical hairline cracks that form in the ball on the stick over most NeoGeo controllers?  Mine doesn't have that, but probably more than 50% of them in the world do.  If only SNK manufactured those things to be less pussified, they wouldn't do that.  I should sell my crackless ball on eBay for $1000.
[/quote]

A couple of my sticks have balls that are cracked through the surface.  Personally I don't mind it because I feel that the cracks give me a better
grip.  Once they start losing chunks I'll probably replace them though.