Author Topic: BANG FOR THE BUCK  (Read 768 times)

vestcoat

Re: BANG FOR THE BUCK
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »
*yawn*
Well..ah, I have to go buy Samurai Ghost and Time Cruise to complete my Lame-Games-Whose-Sequel-Status-Wasn't-Recognized-In-Their-North-American-Release section.:-"

sorry, I'll stop.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
"Last Alert?  No, you nincompoop! That's under 'B' for 'Bad Voice Acting.'"

"Icom Simulations?  They're over in the West Wing."

"Of course Cosmic Fantasy isn't with the RPGs!  It's in the Bankrupt Game Company section under Working Designs!"

Lmao....

wait thats not funny... I keep my games in order somewhat similar.  Like NAMCOT games are next to each other, Konami titles with the cool Konami symbol on the spine together etc etc.

Did Taito put their name/symbol on the spine of any PCE games?

vestcoat

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
Like NAMCOT games are next to each other, Konami titles with the cool Konami symbol on the spine together etc etc.
That's nothing, IIRC, Joe Redifer claims to have separate sections for both Namco and Namcot.

=P~ :roll:

spenoza

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »
OK, so, let's say someone has an outstandingly poor sum of money with which to start their collections. Let's say, arbitrarily, $35, $50, and $100. What should people buy for these different categories, generally speaking, to get the most of their startup funds?
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Sinistron

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 01:33:00 AM »
Just ordered two cheap hucards- mostly to complete my Taito platformers section...

You have a "Taito platformers section"?  :-s

Well I use a binder and baseball card sheets that hold 9 for the hucards-
so now my Taito platformer page will be as follows-

Bonze Adventure
Cadash
Don Doko Don
Kiki Kaikai
Liquid Kid
New Zealand Story
Ninja Warriors
Parasol Stars
Rastan Saga II

but it's always tricky changing it up- because then practically ALL of the pages change- for example- Cadash will have to come out of the quests and 1st person RPG page, Kiki Kaikai will have to come out of the overhead action and overhead quests page, and I'll have to painstakingly devise another genre system to make sure that 9 fit snug in each page again.  I have 8 hucards sitting on the side waiting to be included and three more on the way. 

I don't order the CDs as meticulously- just by CD, SCD, and then ACD- alphabetically.

Sometimes the system works perfectly- for example- though I only have four of them so far- there are exactly 9 Sega hucards- and I'll eventually have an all Sega page with:

Afterburner II
Altered Beast
Columns
Fantasy Zone
Out Run
Power Drift
Shinobi
Space Harrier
Thunder Blade

Nice and forking tidy, eh?  :-"

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Sinistron

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 01:55:48 AM »
OK, so, let's say someone has an outstandingly poor sum of money with which to start their collections. Let's say, arbitrarily, $35, $50, and $100. What should people buy for these different categories, generally speaking, to get the most of their startup funds?

well that all depends on what genres the someone feels most akin to.  Maybe it should be broken into five main genres- Action Puzzle, Platform, Quest/RPGs, Shmups, and Sports- with all other genres as subgenres.

If we can agree on a top five bang for the buck for each genre- one in hucard and one in CD- we may have accomplished the task.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:57:50 AM by Sinistron »

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

D-Lite

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 02:25:21 AM »
Smells like a new thread.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com