Author Topic: Ys I and II  (Read 1231 times)

rag-time4

Re: Ys I and II
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
I also agree about the opposite that final dragged out dungeons are a real... drag.

To reiterate, Solomon Shrine is more than a final dungeon, it's half the game of Ys II ...
That's probably what I disliked most about it...

kazekirifx

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
To reiterate, Solomon Shrine is more than a final dungeon, it's half the game of Ys II

And Darm Tower is half the game of Ys I. At least it's true to the original. :)

suikoman444

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 05:50:38 AM »
Hi all, I'm fairly new to the Turbografx, I recently got a TurboDuo with Ys books I & II. Anyway, I have a question about the spines and contents of the two versions of the game. I have a copy of the TurboDuo version, which I'm assuming came packed in with the TurboDuo. Did this version ever come with an Outer box? Also, my copy has nothing on the spine, if that's normal. If that is normal, did the Turbografx-CD version come with something on the spine and/or have an outer box?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 06:26:51 AM »
Welcome aboard, suikoman!

I have a copy of the TurboDuo version, which I'm assuming came packed in with the TurboDuo.  Did this version ever come with an Outer box?

Yep, those are the Duo pack-in version, and nope, they weren't ever boxed (other than the big TurboDuo box of course).

Also, my copy has nothing on the spine, if that's normal.

That's normal.  Those bums were too cheap to print a liner, but at least they gave us a jewel case (unlike the pack-in huey and latter hueys).

If that is normal, did the Turbografx-CD version come with something on the spine and/or have an outer box?

Yes.  The normal retail version came boxed and had a complete case.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

vestcoat

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:02 AM »
Two more points: 1) the retail version included a useless map you don't need 2) the Duo version jewel case had a white tray.

suikoman444

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 09:02:14 AM »
Thanks for answering my questions so quickly, guess I have a complete copy of the TurboDuo version, though eventually I guess I might want to swap it for the TurboCD version because of how I personally like my games.