Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88547 times)

kid_rondeau

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #510 on: August 12, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »
Hey Blue,
Every LoT fan should be familiar with this video...most of us got it in the mail. I still have the VHS somewhere, I believe.

But for the line I was quoting, go to 2:47.

You're welcome!

airzonk68

« Reply #511 on: August 12, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »
Been working on Bomberman 93 for the past week - having trouble with last Boss on Level 6 (the instruction guide states there are 6 levels (worlds) to clear - 8 stages each) -  finally beat Mr Stoomper (you'll know what i mean when you get to his level) - getting ready for my ending credits of victory and the BOOM!!!!!!!! - Off my Mr Bomberman got swept into Level (world) 7 - some type of mystery/bonus continuation before the REAL ending  :oops: - oh well, i will keep you posted on progress - also hanging with Air Zonk, Devil's Crush and Super Star Soldier for some quick 30 minute play -

JapanTokei

« Reply #512 on: August 20, 2010, 02:55:00 AM »
I love playing Tenchi o Warou - aka Dynasty Warriors.  Grew up playing this game in the Arcades in Asia.  It's da shit for Romance of 3 Kingdoms fans for sure.  The PCE version omitted the 2 player mode, but I found it immensely enjoyable still.  Here are some showoff sequence after I beat it  :mrgreen:

DJLobo

« Reply #513 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:47 AM »
Played and beat Vigilante over the weekend. Easy brawler. I made it to the last boss on my first play through. Cover art for the PC Engine version is cool. JapanTokei - Damn, I didn't know there was a Dynasty Warriors game for the PC Engine. I'll have to pick up a copy. Those screen shots look fantastic.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #514 on: August 23, 2010, 06:24:53 AM »
Played and beat Vigilante over the weekend. Easy brawler. I made it to the last boss on my first play through. Cover art for the PC Engine version is cool. JapanTokei - Damn, I didn't know there was a Dynasty Warriors game for the PC Engine. I'll have to pick up a copy. Those screen shots look fantastic.

once I get back into the swing of things (owning a duo again)  I'd love to try this one out!:

BlueBMW

« Reply #515 on: August 23, 2010, 08:27:02 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabNnvhb9sY

once I get back into the swing of things (owning a duo again)  I'd love to try this one out!:

Better start looking for that game cuz you'll have a duo again soon!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TurbografxKid

« Reply #516 on: August 23, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
I seem to be addicted to Soldier Blade at the moment. Love the music in that game.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #517 on: August 23, 2010, 12:42:50 PM »
I seem to be addicted to Soldier Blade at the moment. Love the music in that game.

soldier blade is tits!!!
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Colossus1574

« Reply #518 on: August 23, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »
finally hooked up my PC engine after years and years of neglect....just played some MotoRoader with my cousin, bro & gf ! finished in 3rd, missed 2nd place by 2 points goddamnit!   and also playing TwinCobra!  great classic shooter!  Hopefully will move on to some SCD goodness in the coming days  :pray:

ceti alpha

« Reply #519 on: August 24, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »

Soldier Blade is awesome!

finally hooked up my PC engine after years and years of neglect....just played some MotoRoader with my cousin, bro & gf ! finished in 3rd, missed 2nd place by 2 points goddamnit!   and also playing TwinCobra!  great classic shooter!  Hopefully will move on to some SCD goodness in the coming days  :pray:

Sweeet! How's Twin Cobra?

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Colossus1574

« Reply #520 on: August 24, 2010, 01:16:51 PM »

finally hooked up my PC engine after years and years of neglect....just played some MotoRoader with my cousin, bro & gf ! finished in 3rd, missed 2nd place by 2 points goddamnit!   and also playing TwinCobra!  great classic shooter!  Hopefully will move on to some SCD goodness in the coming days  :pray:

Sweeet! How's Twin Cobra?

Twin Cobra was the 1st thing i popped in after all this time off from the PCE, haha. And i dunno how, but maybe cause i'm more a "mature/calm/patient" player now but i somehow can actually get further then when in my prime PCE days back in the 90s!!! WTF??? (including the 3 limited continues of course  :dance: )  Stage 8 or 9 for any of u who happen to be playing TwinCobra as well out there, haha

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #521 on: August 24, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »

I like that game.  who cares if its easy I like the grafx and its just fun.  I like to play it while im waiting for someone to come pick me up or if I need to kill time and not really pay attention
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #522 on: August 24, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »

Better start looking for that game cuz you'll have a duo again soon!

Dude that just made my week!!  :D

Colossus1574

« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2010, 04:15:33 PM »
I love playing Tenchi o Warou - aka Dynasty Warriors.  Grew up playing this game in the Arcades in Asia.  It's da shit for Romance of 3 Kingdoms fans for sure.  The PCE version omitted the 2 player mode, but I found it immensely enjoyable still.  Here are some showoff sequence after I beat it  :mrgreen:

I got this one too because i liked it so much from the old arcade days!  It's just too bad it seems like the music sounds more like chip music then a SCD game. Can't remember how different the endings were if u used Zhao Yun instead of say Liu Bei, ZhangFei or Guan Yu.  :-k

hoobs88

« Reply #524 on: April 24, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »
Over the 3 day Easter weekend, I have been playing "Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu" and I am proud to say that I have finally beaten it!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns