Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88206 times)

Dyna138

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2011, 09:23:38 AM »
I'm stuck in Dynastic Hero. If you get through the last castle, let me know how you did it.
Thanks!

Sure thing.  O:)

Jesse813

« Reply #616 on: June 02, 2011, 10:10:12 AM »
I Agree. Lords of Thunder is much better on the Turbo 8)

LoT SCD came out in 1993, whereas the Sega CD version was out in 1995.  I'm surprised that in 2 years Hudoson wasn't able to make it more advanced or make it a special edition.  Pretty much just cut back on the amount of colors, and added a voice to the lady in the shop.  Wasn't too impressed.

While I can understand cutting back the colors because of the limited color Palette of the Genesis, you'd think they be able to improve other areas of the game besides just adding voice to the shop lady. 

DirkFunk

« Reply #617 on: June 02, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »
I Agree. Lords of Thunder is much better on the Turbo 8)

LoT SCD came out in 1993, whereas the Sega CD version was out in 1995.  I'm surprised that in 2 years Hudoson wasn't able to make it more advanced or make it a special edition.  Pretty much just cut back on the amount of colors, and added a voice to the lady in the shop.  Wasn't too impressed.

And the music sounds more polished. But I think the Turbo Version's music has more of an edge. Which is better in my opinion.

KingDrool

« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »
Shape Shifter - I never really gave this game much time after I got it a few years ago during one of my pushes to complete my collection. But today, during a marathon session of games like Talespin, JJ & Jeff, Keith Courage, Riot Zone, and Last Alert, I decided to pop in Shape Shifter. Man, I'm glad I did. What a great game! It took a little while for me to warm up to it, but once I did, I really liked it. The audio is great, the visuals are really impressive, and I like the Simon's Quest-vibe I get from it.

My only complaints are a) The main character is a bit sluggish and I hate how he jumps. I missed a number of platforms because of his goofy jump, b) Those damn flying enemies! They don't give much damage, but they are annoying as hell. I'm talking about the flying bugs, bats, n' shit. But I guess the same is true for most games. c) The fortune-teller seems useless. I got stuck in a certain area and wasn't sure where to go next. The fortune-teller, rather than giving me a clue, simply said something to the effect of, "You have great strength inside you. That's all I have to say" and took his 30 coins. Ripoff!

Anyway, love the game and glad I finally put some time into it.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Jesse813

« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2011, 03:34:13 PM »
Legendary Axe :)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »
Played some Shock Troopers earlier with a buddy of mine. The best mindless blow up shit kinda game after a night of dranking
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

nat

« Reply #621 on: June 03, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »

Anyway, love the game and glad I finally put some time into it.

It only gets better from there. One of the console's best platformers.

Jesse813

« Reply #622 on: June 04, 2011, 07:08:13 AM »
Panic Bomber

Lilgrafx

« Reply #623 on: June 04, 2011, 12:19:07 PM »
I beat Keith Courage for the second Time and even though my first Impression was that it was terrible, I have to say I've warmed up to the game and can manage to call it okay. I don't know why I enjoyed it more this time  :-k

Dyna138

« Reply #624 on: June 04, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »
I beat Keith Courage for the second Time and even though my first Impression was that it was terrible, I have to say I've warmed up to the game and can manage to call it okay. I don't know why I enjoyed it more this time  :-k

You're not alone, I think it's the "bad pack-in" stigma that people are extra harsh on it. Taken on its own merits I think it's a pretty decent and enjoyable game. I guess it depends on your mindset when you first play it.

hoobs88

« Reply #625 on: June 04, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
Panic Bomber

Even though I don't fully understand the mechanics behind the game, I still enjoy it. My second favorite puzzle game.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Lilgrafx

« Reply #626 on: June 04, 2011, 04:06:45 PM »

You're not alone, I think it's the "bad pack-in" stigma that people are extra harsh on it. Taken on its own merits I think it's a pretty decent and enjoyable game. I guess it depends on your mindset when you first play it.

You know I think you're right  The first time I played through It I had heard how bad the game was and that made me, with out realizing it, judge it harshly. This time after playing it before I just took it as it was, a pretty average game. 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #627 on: June 04, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »
I had a productive night
Parasol Stars
Bloody Wolf
Time Cruise
Ninja Spirit
maybe I'll wrap the night up with some JJ and Jeff??
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Jesse813

« Reply #628 on: June 05, 2011, 03:44:44 AM »
Legendary Axe II

not quite as good as the first game still a great game :D

sunteam_paul

« Reply #629 on: June 05, 2011, 06:35:02 AM »
On YS II now but limiting my time because the status bar has burned into my Plasma TV.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!