Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91610 times)

T2KFreeker

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1560 on: July 29, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »
I HAVE DECIDED THAT BRAVOMAN WAS PROGRAMMED BY A SCHIZOPHRENIC SADIST!
END OF LINE.

Mishran

« Reply #1561 on: July 29, 2012, 10:08:51 PM »
Gave Valis 2 my first real attempt at a play through. Did pretty good until Act4 which is kicking my ass. Too many cheap shots from enemies makes this a fairly tough game. Thank goodness for the save feature. How is Valis 3 in comparison? I have yet to give it my full attention.

storino03

« Reply #1562 on: July 29, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »
Valis III is fun! Up until Stage 5 (water stage). It's still kicking my ass, so I'm giving it a breather for a few weeks to a month and then going to go back to it. That stage's difficulty is dependent on the player, but the general consensus seems to be that it's hard. Up until that point, the game is easy. I even tried replaying the game and getting as many 1-ups as possible, but then I lose all my lives on that dang stage :)

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1563 on: July 30, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »
Popped in Gate of thunder and made it to the final level last night. Thanks again Matt! (Not referring to myself, the other Matt)

esteban

« Reply #1564 on: July 30, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »
I liked Final Zone 2 when I first bought it way back when.  I still play it evey now and then.  The first game is better, but I always have liked FZ2.  Haha, cinemas and all. :D

I thought the story in Final Zone II was its strong point! I actually liked it. But the game itself is so mediocre I LOVE THE TOTALLY RANDOM VERTICAL SHOOT-EM-UP HELICOPTER STUFF! I actually do like that this is in the game. I have a weakness for odd hybrid games...not that the shoot-em-up action is exciting (it's pretty blah...)

Gave Valis 2 my first real attempt at a play through. Did pretty good until Act4 which is kicking my ass. Too many cheap shots from enemies makes this a fairly tough game. Thank goodness for the save feature. How is Valis 3 in comparison? I have yet to give it my full attention.

Valis II is a cake walk. Don't worry, you'll figure everything out and realize how easy it is.

Valis III is better...and more challenging.

I don't know if I've ever completed a level in it. It's one of those games that I say I'll "eventually get to play, for real, in a few months"... and here we are, 20 years later. Actually, I don't think I bought it until the late 90's.

You know, I like BB better on the turbo/pce than the BB Collection on PSX.  Alot of it has to do with the CD music and the little images after every level.  It plays really well and is just all around fun.  Plus the fact is on the turbo makes it even more enjoyable.

200% agreed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:51:47 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1565 on: July 31, 2012, 04:50:13 AM »
I sat down and played an hour of Emerald Dragon again over the weekend.  You can follow along on my journey thus far on the Hupack blog site.  I'm trying to log pretty much everything I'm doing while going through this excellent RPG(Not really a walk through), just to keep track of everything.  I tend to take long breaks between plays at times, so it's best I don't revisit the game in 5 months saying "Oh crap, now where was I?".

http://hupack.blogspot.com/

Mishran

« Reply #1566 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »

Valis II is a cake walk. Don't worry, you'll figure everything out and realize how easy it is.

I'm not a hardcore gamer and this is my first run through, so it's offering some challenge. Mostly the stupid random enemy pop up. For example, when fighting the 3rd robo dragon on Act 4, sometimes the flame men will keep coming from both directions during the fight.

I'm on Act 5 now and it's a cake walk for sure aside for the spiked balls that spin in circles while the conveyers move you backwards. Not easy to avoid getting hit by them.

esteban

« Reply #1567 on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:07 AM »

I'm not a hardcore gamer and this is my first run through, so it's offering some challenge. Mostly the stupid random enemy pop up. For example, when fighting the 3rd robo dragon on Act 4, sometimes the flame men will keep coming from both directions during the fight.

I'm on Act 5 now and it's a cake walk for sure aside for the spiked balls that spin in circles while the conveyers move you backwards. Not easy to avoid getting hit by them.

I hear you .

I'm glad you are playing Valis II.
  |    | 

Mishran

« Reply #1568 on: July 31, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
Valis II complete! :dance: Next up Valis III. 8)

Kaijuboy

« Reply #1569 on: July 31, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »

Very true!  But there is something oddly compelling about the game and Dr. Bomb's awesome haircut...   :lol:

Bernie

« Reply #1570 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
Currently playing Ys Book 1&2.  Next up is III.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #1571 on: July 31, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »
Just finished Bomberman.

esteban

« Reply #1572 on: August 01, 2012, 08:14:19 AM »

Holy cr*p, is this your virgin run through the game(s)?

Ys I & II was fantastic for me, even on the first few replays.

I love the music in I & II. I still maintain that I & II's music is superior to III's.

|    | 

JapanTokei

« Reply #1573 on: August 02, 2012, 01:22:32 AM »
I can replay YS I &II over and over and over again... it's the best game made in history of mankind imo.  lol. 

I never finished Part 2 though... damn Tennokoe bank failed and lost my saved game.. grrrrrrrrr

I love the music in I & II. I still maintain that I & II's music is superior to III's.

esteban

« Reply #1574 on: August 02, 2012, 04:21:41 AM »
I can replay YS I &II over and over and over again... it's the best game made in history of mankind imo.  lol. 

I never finished Part 2 though... damn Tennokoe bank failed and lost my saved game.. grrrrrrrrr

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Failure of Tennokoe!
  |    |