Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91463 times)

SuperPlay

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2055 on: February 04, 2013, 07:12:09 PM »
After a while trying to make my way through Maison Ikkoku I decided last night to give it a rest and try a game that I have not played for a long time ..... Legendary Axe II .... quite enjoying it :-)

soop

« Reply #2056 on: February 04, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
Decided to fire up the Turbo Duo this afternoon, and play some MAKAI PRINCE DORABOCCHAN aka Kid Dracula.  Pretty simple game, but it is a lot of fun.  I found I couldn't put it down, and kept pushing through.  I played through to the 3rd stage, and in that time I found a lot of different paths to take, finding different armors or power ups.  I am sure I have just scratched the surface with it.  The only complaint I have, and its not really a big complaint, is the music..  Its kinda....dull?  Maybe that's not the right word, but it wasn't what I expected.  All in all though, I would say the game is worth the buy.  :) 

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Makai_Prince_Dorabocchan.htm

Nice.  I quite like this game too.  At first it seems a bit empty and cheap - you can do lots of exploring, but there doesn't seem to be much point.  Then I realised that the tomatoes are used to deplete the bosses energy before the fight, and everything slotted into place.

I'm gonna have to go back and finish it one day after playing right to the last boss last time.

RainMaker

« Reply #2057 on: February 05, 2013, 06:27:22 AM »
Been playing super star soldier. Can't get those catchy background tunes out of my head.

esteban

« Reply #2058 on: February 06, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »
Played some Avenger today and could only get to the third stage boss.  It's not too difficult, but I'm just having a problem finding my 'groove' with this game for some reason.  I'm going to keep at it though.

There was something I liked about this game, despite being steeped in mediocrity. OH YES I LIKE THE MUSIC!

Been playing super star soldier. Can't get those catchy background tunes out of my head.

These songs sound even better now than back in the day. You see, now I realize that tunes like this aren't as abundant as they should be!

|    | 

DarkKobold

« Reply #2059 on: February 06, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »
Neo Nectaris. Thanks to Esteban's page, I now also need to import Earth Light and Earth Light Luna Strike... probably Nectaris GB as well.

Hey, you.

Damon Plus

« Reply #2060 on: February 06, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
About to start Neutopia for the first time thanks to tpivette's raffle. I've never played it with an emulator or the original system either,  so it will feel totally fresh for me.

esteban

« Reply #2061 on: February 06, 2013, 11:14:19 PM »
Neo Nectaris. Thanks to Esteban's page, I now also need to import Earth Light and Earth Light Luna Strike... probably Nectaris GB as well.

Earth Light = absolutely. It oozes so much charm and offers a much larger arsenal of weapons.

Luna Strike? Don't get your hopes up.

Earth Light --> Luna Strike is akin to Vasteel --> Vasteel 2 (the sequels might be solid games, but they are generic compared to the charming qualities of the original games. 
  |    | 

DarkKobold

« Reply #2062 on: February 07, 2013, 09:38:03 AM »

Earth Light = absolutely. It oozes so much charm and offers a much larger arsenal of weapons.

Luna Strike? Don't get your hopes up.

Earth Light --> Luna Strike is akin to Vasteel --> Vasteel 2 (the sequels might be solid games, but they are generic compared to the charming qualities of the original games. 

I figure, Luna Strike can be had for ridiculously cheap, and if its sort of "in the Nectaris Family" I should still grab it. The total (before shipping) for those three games is around 1000 yen. I should also mention, your FAQ is extremely important. I never ever would have figured out that KanonFodder unit on my own.

I love the CD quality music of Neo Nectaris. I dislike that some of the levels don't really allow for ingenuity, it appears that the level designer intended one solution, and made the level so that is the only solution that works. It turns a military strategy game into more of a puzzle game. Anyway, not every level is like that, and its a minor irritant on an otherwise fantastic game.

Hey, you.

Bernie

« Reply #2063 on: February 07, 2013, 10:20:21 AM »
Back to Ys Book II.  Gonna try and finish it. 

Bardoly

« Reply #2064 on: February 07, 2013, 05:04:24 PM »
Played some more Avenger, and still couldn't get past the speed tank boss stage.  :(

Also played up to level 5-7 of Splash Lake with my sons.

esadajr

« Reply #2065 on: February 11, 2013, 03:11:14 AM »
Yesterday I was able to play good old Drac X and Star Parodia (that and Parodius are probably the best shooters ever)
Gaming since 1985

Bardoly

« Reply #2066 on: February 11, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »
Got up to Level 6-2 of Splash Lake.  Also played some more Sapphire and Horror Story.

lukester

« Reply #2067 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »
Just played Bravoman on my Wii for the first time in months. It's strange how fun the game really is, and I personally feel that it is a much stronger title than Splatterhouse(at least conversion-wise). I need to pick up a copy sometime.

-D-

« Reply #2068 on: February 11, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
Finished Daisenpu Custom and Detana Twinbee awhile back; moved on to Raiden US this past week.  Consistently getting farther and farther every time I play it, think I'm getting to the 6th level now.  Loving the hell out of it.

Recent pick-ups waiting in the wings:  Image Fight, Download, L-Dis, P-47.

tpivette

« Reply #2069 on: February 11, 2013, 08:35:10 PM »
Been playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 over the weekend, just got started playing as Babette.

Popped in Magical Chase for the first time yesterday, and I gotta say the music is pretty damn catchy! Lost track of time just engrossed in the music and blowing things up... before I knew it, it was 1am and I realized I had to wake up for work in 3 hours!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate