Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91720 times)

Gillian Seed

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2505 on: August 04, 2013, 06:43:39 PM »
I'm playing Ys IV. I get the feeling that the general reception is that it's good but not AS good as Ys Book I & II, but at least for me in the first hour I'm liking a lot of the changes. Like the ability to move diagonally : D IIRC I think the magic button was replaced with the menu now? I'd be surprised if magic is gone, but I always felt that magic made Ys II a cakewalk compared to I... so I'd be fine if it were gone entirely.

seieienbu

« Reply #2506 on: August 04, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »
I spent the weekend playing Cotton but I couldn't manage to beat it.  Cotton's pretty hard...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

RoyVegas

« Reply #2507 on: August 05, 2013, 02:50:32 AM »
Still playing Raiden.   Couldn't pass level four again.  Some day I will.

Correction got to 5.  ugh.  Makes me wish I was stuck back on level 4 again.  lol

Don't rest, keep moving. 

Agreed.  Keep at it!  I've never beaten it yet, but perhaps your tale of victory over this game will inspire me to do likewise.   8)

Highly doubt any victory story will come soon.  I have been able to get to the boss on 5 a couple times so far though.
All is well. :)

Bardoly

« Reply #2508 on: August 05, 2013, 09:26:49 AM »
Well, I played through and beat Kabuki Itoryodan yesterday.  I really enjoyed the game, and I look forward to being able to play it some more with friends.  I posted up the following comment at PCE Daisakusen! concerning this game:

Not being much of a fighting game aficionado, please bear with my comments. I rated this game as a '10' out of 10, because I felt that the game does exactly what it is supposed to do - provide excellent gameplay, attractive visuals and animation, and an all-around high-quality gaming experience both in its single player story mode and its 2-player competitive mode. You really must play this game using one of the 6-button controllers to get the most enjoyment out of it. I used the 6-button Hori Fighting Commander controller and it really worked well. The one thing which keeps this from being basically perfect in my book is that the loading times, while not too long, are somewhat noticeable, but still not too bad. If you like fighting games, then you should definitely get this game, and even if you are only a casual fighting game gamer, this is still worth getting, because you can set the difficulty level from 1 to 9 and have a 'fighting' chance to beat it at the lower difficulty levels. :)

Jabberwok

« Reply #2509 on: August 07, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
Y's IV these days but the games I always come back to are Legendary Axe, R-Type, Bonk, Splatterhouse & Ninja Spirit... Yes, Ninja Spirit  :twisted:

exodus

« Reply #2510 on: August 08, 2013, 04:23:30 PM »
Last night I played through Psychic Storm, and *tried* to get through God Panic, but got pretty bored halfway through. The graphics on that game are just bizarre... it's like someone had a down-on-his-luck cousin they needed to employ.

seieienbu

« Reply #2511 on: August 08, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »
Played more Cotton today.  Perhaps this weekend I'll really buckle down and try to get through the game.  As it stands I keep dying to stupid things and feeling like an idiot while doing so!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

geise

« Reply #2512 on: August 08, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »
Haha!  Join the club.  That's how it usually happens for me.  BTW there's a high-score thread for this game.  :)  I'm gonna try for a score run for this game during the weekend.

Nando

« Reply #2513 on: August 09, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »
Asuka 120% - really enjoying this one.

Super Star Soldier - Go to chooter

Sapphire Booty - Lvl 2 is kicking my ass :(

wildfruit

« Reply #2514 on: August 09, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
legendary axe 2
i like it

tpivette

« Reply #2515 on: August 09, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »
Started over from the beginning again in Dragon Slayer. Also started a Ys 1 & 2 replay a few days ago. I don't know what it is about that game, but no matter how many times I've beaten it... and to full completeness no less... I keep playing through it again every few months.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

roflmao

« Reply #2516 on: August 09, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »
I've been playing Sinistron tonight, thanks to Majors.  Fun stuff!  If I'm not mistaken, there are infinite continues, so I'm taking a break so I don't beat it in one sitting. :)

esteban

« Reply #2517 on: August 10, 2013, 06:53:56 AM »
I've been playing Sinistron tonight, thanks to Majors.  Fun stuff!  If I'm not mistaken, there are infinite continues, so I'm taking a break so I don't beat it in one sitting. :)

I have a mental block/hang-up/whatever with the asteroid level.  I frequently choke and die at some point. I'm inconsistent and have yet to really figure out why I f*cking suck. I'm actually better at the stages that follow (even the last stage, I can beat it starting out with zero power ups. Not 100% all the time, mind you, I have to use continues and I still mess up).

|    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #2518 on: August 10, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »
Playing some Bazaru de Gozaru with my sons.  It's really fun!

roflmao

« Reply #2519 on: August 10, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »

I have a mental block/hang-up/whatever with the asteroid level.  I frequently choke and die at some point. I'm inconsistent and have yet to really figure out why I f*cking suck. I'm actually better at the stages that follow (even the last stage, I can beat it starting out with zero power ups. Not 100% all the time, mind you, I have to use continues and I still mess up).

Yeah, I'm still having a hard time with the lvl 3 boss, so haven't even made it to the asteroid level yet, but there's always tomorrow!