Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91657 times)

whisper2053

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3120 on: October 10, 2014, 03:35:09 PM »
In honor of the holiday season, currently getting *my* ass handed to me on Splatterhouse Chrome :P

SuperPlay

« Reply #3121 on: October 15, 2014, 05:29:42 AM »
My Rank Is: Ace Detective !!!!

Yes it had to happen,  I am currently playing 'Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?'

On a side-note my geography and history of old currencies is  shocking.  At least I may learn something from this ;-)

johnnykonami

« Reply #3122 on: October 16, 2014, 10:31:40 AM »
Been wanting to improve my Japanese reading skills a little, so I've been playing through my PCE digital comic games.. Playing through Snatcher first since I'm extremely familiar with the plot and it can help me deduce some things.  The Junker HQ PCM music is so disappointing still compared to the Sega CD arrangement.  But all the CD based music is there, and the art and graphics are great.  I wish he'd make a sequel one day.  Cobra II, and UY: Stay With You are next.

By the way, when I got Stay With You, my version of the bonus audio CD was scratched.  Does anyone out there have a flawless one?

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #3123 on: October 16, 2014, 11:10:08 AM »
been playing some  of that magical chase on the everdrive. such an awesome shooter. too bad its worth a buttf*ck amount of money :(

jtucci31

« Reply #3124 on: November 20, 2014, 07:28:29 AM »
While i haven't been playing the GoTW (i need to go back to Shape Shifter) i beat Cosmic Fantasy 2. It may be one of my favorite Turbo games so far that I've played. As people have said before, the story starts out pretty standard (save the princess) but becomes so much more.

I read through Necro's little review in his thread and it had me interested awhile ago. And then Null sold me his copy in a big ole lot i bought from him, and I'm glad i spent the time to play through it all. Towards the very end of the game, before the final battle and a little after, i had some issues where some cutscenes were acting weird. The visuals would be normal but the audio would play from the previous scene. So it would be stuff i had already heard before. Luckily i was able to find the cutscenes online and rewatch them properly, but that kind of sucked. I'll have to get my Duo R checked out since the disc had little to no scratches on it whatsoever.

My heart was pounding when i finally faced Galam, and then was so relieved once i defeated him. The cutscenes were such a joy to watch (especially a select few that I'll have to rewatch in the CF Visual Collection  :wink:). I normally get bored with RPGs or kind of lose my stride with them, but i feel i really hit my stride with this one. I'm looking forward to giving the other RPGs a go (Mysterious Song, Dragon Slayer, Dungeon Explorer, etc.) as well as CF1 and some other PCE RPGs (Kabukiden, Xanadu, maybe Gulliver Boy).

This isn't my review of the game, more of a reflection of how much fun I had playing it and how I look forward to playing others in the series and the genre. So that's what Turbo game I've been playing :D

esteban

« Reply #3125 on: November 20, 2014, 08:17:43 AM »
Nice writeup, tucci.
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #3126 on: November 20, 2014, 08:19:29 AM »
Thanks, este.

in99flames

« Reply #3127 on: November 20, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »
Well I will tell you what I WISH I was playing :P   Beyond Shadowgate...I want one badly.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3128 on: November 20, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
Playing Galaga '90, which I like a lot.  I played a lot of Galaga on the 7800--but was never very good.

Still kind of the same deal...I'm kind of screwed in either one once I lose the extra firepower power ups.

munchiaz

« Reply #3129 on: November 20, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »
beat exile 2 nights ago. Fun game. Pretty easy and short. But i enjoyed it

captain_n77

« Reply #3130 on: November 20, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »
Been playing Blazing Lazers until I finished it the other day. Such a fun game.

Tried out Silent Debuggers after finishing Blazing Lazers. A bit obtuse, but I'm intrigued enough that I'll revisit it(probably after the holidays).
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

Sadler

« Reply #3131 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:32 AM »
The HuZERO game inspired me to finally play Tongueman's Logic. I had seen videos, but I wasn't sure how picross games worked so I never really gave it a shot. I watched some videos on Mario Picross to get an idea of how to play, then threw Tongueman's Logic on the ol' Everdrive and WOW! First of all, I really enjoy the game play. It's a neat puzzle game and drew me in. Second, amazing polish! This game looks, sounds and feels great. Really neat stuff going on! If you haven't tried it you should give it a shot!

JapanTokei

« Reply #3132 on: November 26, 2014, 02:38:23 AM »
I recommend Ranma digital comic for learning japanese and general enjoyment.. it is one of the best digital comic imo!! 
on a related note, I'm looking to try Cobra 2 for the same reason as well (practicing my japanese, and enjoy the digi comic as well) - any one of you played that one and can comment?

Been wanting to improve my Japanese reading skills a little, so I've been playing through my PCE digital comic games.. Playing through Snatcher first since I'm extremely familiar with the plot and it can help me deduce some things.  The Junker HQ PCM music is so disappointing still compared to the Sega CD arrangement.  But all the CD based music is there, and the art and graphics are great.  I wish he'd make a sequel one day.  Cobra II, and UY: Stay With You are next.

By the way, when I got Stay With You, my version of the bonus audio CD was scratched.  Does anyone out there have a flawless one?

galam

« Reply #3133 on: November 26, 2014, 05:13:51 AM »
I tried two games today that I have never played on turbo before:

Camp California
Forgotten Worlds

CC:  Odd.  It's obviously an ICOM game.  It honestly feels like they re-skinned Prince Erik and made him jump.  Hit detection is pretty terrible and level design is a headache.  Just a very choppy platformer with no good flow to the levels. 

FW:  I did not like the genesis game, but this version was actually pretty surprising.  I didn't expect much, but I played for about 30 mins and enjoyed it.  I'm not a fan of the spinning mechanic, so I try to use it as little as possible which I think made the game a bit more challenging.  I'm also not a fan of the "shops" in shooters where you can't really power up as you go, and once the items are lost, that's it until next level. 

esteban

« Reply #3134 on: November 26, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »

I tried two games today that I have never played on turbo before:

Camp California
Forgotten Worlds

CC:  Odd.  It's obviously an ICOM game.  It honestly feels like they re-skinned Prince Erik and made him jump.  Hit detection is pretty terrible and level design is a headache.  Just a very choppy platformer with no good flow to the levels. 

FW:  I did not like the genesis game, but this version was actually pretty surprising.  I didn't expect much, but I played for about 30 mins and enjoyed it.  I'm not a fan of the spinning mechanic, so I try to use it as little as possible which I think made the game a bit more challenging.  I'm also not a fan of the "shops" in shooters where you can't really power up as you go, and once the items are lost, that's it until next level.

I'm glad you found Forgotten Worlds redeeming! Definitely stick with it.

As for Camp California, initially I felt the same way you did. I think almost everyone's first impression of CC is similar to your experience.....

But, I'll be honest, I dismissed the game without actually spending too much time with it. Old_Rover's posts (many years ago) about how CC was worthy of my time (all of our time) convinced me to give it a second chance.

I still have mixed feelings about the game...but I appreciate it a he'll of a lot more now. It actually can be pretty rewarding and I love a lot of the challenges in the game.

It isn't perfect, but stick with CC and give it a few more chances.

It might help to read some of Rover's old posts (but don't read a FAQ/walkthrough unless you are desperate...that's my philosophy, anyway).

:)
  |    |