Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91590 times)

jtucci31

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3225 on: March 16, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »
Ran through Ys 3 yesterday for the first time in years.  Still enjoyable, but still don't like it as much as the others.

I just started playing Ys III the other day. I'm really enjoying it. It's hard to control myself and not just go running through every cave, swinging my sword aimlessly. I haven't played too many action RPG's before this (I have, just never got very far), so I'll probably start seeking out more after I finish Ys III.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #3226 on: March 16, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »
I have been playing Psychic Storm, Vigilante, and Valis 3.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Bloufo

« Reply #3227 on: March 16, 2015, 06:45:27 PM »
Playing a bit of Obocchama-kun.

Bit of a strange one with not a whole lot of variety. Not without some merit though.
I mean how many games do you know where you can dress up as Elvis. :lol:

seieienbu

« Reply #3228 on: March 17, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
Finishing up the Ys series with Ys 4.  The last time I played it was, iirc, right when Nightwolve's English translation patch came out.  At the time I ripped a bin cue, patched it, burned to disk, and played it through that way.  Back then I could use CDRWIN to both rip images as well as burn playable games; today I no longer have the capability to burn workable CDs for whatever reason so I'm just going through the game in Japanese. 

I've played the game many times over the years but I noticed something new this time; the chiptunes in this game are Really good!  When I got it forever ago I recall thinking that it was kind of a shame that the game would have places where it'd stop being CD audio.  And yeah, it's a bit jarring to have audio differences that vast but whatever, the chiptunes in Ys 4 are fantastic.  I'll probably finish the game this weekend.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Groover

« Reply #3229 on: March 18, 2015, 07:11:37 PM »
I finished Dracula X. Playing y's 1&2. I watched my friend play through y's3.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #3230 on: March 22, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
I played through Kaze Kiri.

Why this is a $100+ game is beyond me.  It looks and plays great, but it's too short & repetitive.  Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot as games such as these are few and far between on the PCE, I just don't know why it's so expensive.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

richc

« Reply #3231 on: March 22, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »

Why this is a $100+ game is beyond me.  It looks and plays great, but it's too short & repetitive.  Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot as games such as these are few and far between on the PCE, I just don't know why it's so expensive.

It's one of those really late release games; probably one of my favorite ninja games of all time.  But as you said,  very short.

esteban

« Reply #3232 on: March 23, 2015, 04:15:00 AM »

I have never understood the Kaze Kiri fandom. It's so repetitive, even when you use different moves and try to make it more enjoyable.

I like the bosses (they looked kool, in general).

|    | 

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #3233 on: March 24, 2015, 09:33:19 AM »
I agree on all accounts, Esty.  I tried playing through on the "hard" difficulty as Suzu, and turned it off halfway through out of boredom.  This will be one I probably won't pick up for awhile.

That was last night, after m'lady commandeered my Duo for three hours to play Gomola Speed.  She's addicted. -_-

However, today I've been playing through Exile.  I'm really starting to see why Working Designs has such a strong fan base, as this game has so much character, especially in the dialogue.  I'm not loving having to grind so much, but that's more due to my lack of skill.  Everything else is pretty fantastic.  I purposely turned it off before getting too terribly far so I'd have some more to play later. ^-^

So far, my favorite line is "That sucks, grasshopper"
Play Turbografx.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Bekic

« Reply #3234 on: March 24, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Will continue tomorrow.

Groover

« Reply #3235 on: March 24, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »
I just got Snatcher in the mail. Anyone know any guides to help. I don't know any japanesse. My guess is I could mimic a youtube playthrough.

Still excited to pick this one up. Also any fan translations out there but I doubt I could burn it to work. Some day I will get the Sega CD but the price is pretty high these days.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #3236 on: March 24, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »
recently picked up lords of thunder on the duo and i absolutely love the sound track! very tough game! but i'm enjoying it so far

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #3237 on: March 24, 2015, 05:55:24 PM »

I just got Snatcher in the mail. Anyone know any guides to help. I don't know any japanesse. My guess is I could mimic a youtube playthrough.

Still excited to pick this one up. Also any fan translations out there but I doubt I could burn it to work. Some day I will get the Sega CD but the price is pretty high these days.

Such a text-heavy game, why would you buy it if you can't read yapanese?
Play Turbografx.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Gentlegamer

« Reply #3238 on: March 24, 2015, 06:15:43 PM »
I finished Neutopia.

Five word review: Not as good as Zelda.

NightWolve

« Reply #3239 on: March 24, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »
Finishing up the Ys series with Ys 4.  The last time I played it was, iirc, right when Nightwolve's English translation patch came out.  At the time I ripped a bin cue, patched it, burned to disk, and played it through that way.  Back then I could use CDRWIN to both rip images as well as burn playable games; today I no longer have the capability to burn workable CDs for whatever reason so I'm just going through the game in Japanese.

1. Use TurboRip to rip an ISO/WAV/CUE image file set.
2. Apply both text & dub patches.
3. Burn with ImgBurn at slowest speed - free and powerful.

If that fails, PM me for a link to a fully prepatched ISO/WAV/CUE zipped archive. No reason you should not get to enjoy this fully in English.