Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91487 times)

richc

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3270 on: April 12, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »
I just now finished exile too.  There's a lot of heavy religious stuff to lay on for so old a game.  As far as buying it new, you used to be able to buy them from working designs site back in the day for about the same price.  There's a ton of copies out there.

seieienbu

« Reply #3271 on: April 13, 2015, 06:46:59 PM »
If memory serves, Cosmic Fantasy and Exile were both available on Working Designs site for like $20 each. 

After playing it some years back, I thought comparing Exile to, say, Assassin's Creed is somewhat interesting.  The religious plot stuff was quite similar.  For a modern game it made perfect sense; however you really wouldn't have expected that sort of happening in a game that came out 20 years earlier.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

roflmao

« Reply #3272 on: April 25, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
I went on an OBEY binge today, thanks to the new-to-me 20" Sony WEGA TV I picked up a few days ago.

Beat Ninja Spirit.
Made it to the final form of the final boss in both Final Soldier and Blazing Lazers, but wasn't able to seal the deal.
Spent some quality time with: Star Parodier, Atlantean, Devil's Crush, Kyukyoku Tiger, and Buster Bros.

Currently watching Turbo-Views on DVD.

It's been a good day. :D

mitsuman

« Reply #3273 on: April 27, 2015, 03:56:57 AM »
Play a handful of stuff last night, one being Side Arms. Why is that game so hard?  ](*,)

ddoubledee

« Reply #3274 on: April 27, 2015, 05:22:36 AM »
Revisiting some of my favourite CD classics... Ys Book 1&2, Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes, Cosmic Fantasy 2...

For HuCard games, currently playing... Dungeon Explorer, Dragon's Curse, Bomberman '93...

ddoubledee

« Reply #3275 on: April 27, 2015, 05:30:06 AM »
Lots of people playing Exile, eh? That's one game I've held in my hands many times in the rental store as a child, but never actually took home. I'll have to try it sometime. Heard good things about it.

esteban

« Reply #3276 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:27 AM »

Lots of people playing Exile, eh? That's one game I've held in my hands many times in the rental store as a child, but never actually took home. I'll have to try it sometime. Heard good things about it.

Exile is fun. You gotta check it out.
  |    | 

richc

« Reply #3277 on: April 27, 2015, 10:18:42 AM »
Exile is boss.  You should def try it.  I'm finishing up YS 3 today.  Still my favorite of the original versions.  Snes has the best translations and a cool opening but the turbo version is still better.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3278 on: April 27, 2015, 11:24:03 AM »
Exile is boss.  You should def try it.  I'm finishing up YS 3 today.  Still my favorite of the original versions.  Snes has the best translations and a cool opening but the turbo version is still better.

DRAGONS & WIZARDS, OH MY!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:26:42 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

ddoubledee

« Reply #3279 on: April 27, 2015, 02:37:15 PM »
Yes. Ys III on the TurboCD is great, too. These versions of the games will always be the definitive versions of Ys for me.

grendelrt

« Reply #3280 on: May 16, 2015, 12:17:42 PM »
Yes. Ys III on the TurboCD is great, too. These versions of the games will always be the definitive versions of Ys for me.
Ditto. No contest for me.

I played an import copy of Dungeon Explorer II for a while today. And then I played Air Zonk and Bonks Revenge. I got to the last stage on both and then died and didn't finish either lol.

seieienbu

« Reply #3281 on: May 16, 2015, 05:33:39 PM »
Running through Popful Mail.  With some luck I'll finish it tomorrow.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

munchiaz

« Reply #3282 on: May 18, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »
Played and beat CD Denjin last night. Fun, but a far cry from airzonk.  Also i played some gate of thunder, and got the farthest i have ever gotten before.

TR0N

« Reply #3283 on: May 18, 2015, 07:28:34 PM »

Dunno i consider the original Ys III as a ok game.I still consider it's remake Ys The Oath in Felghana the definite version of the game.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #3284 on: May 18, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »
got done playing boxyboy! such a fun puzzle game.