Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91603 times)

wildfruit

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3345 on: August 02, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »
After completing Ys IV and Ys III I shall now attempt Ys I & II. Well after my holiday I will.

grolt

« Reply #3346 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:55 AM »
After completing Ys IV and Ys III I shall now attempt Ys I & II. Well after my holiday I will.

Ys II is a bit too maze-like and repetitive for my tastes, but Ys I is one of my favorite games.  Love the world, the bump-into-shit mechanics are surprisingly addicting, and the music is on another plane - and I'm speaking of the SMS version...I'm sure the CD version is the stuff of legend.  How is IV, that's one of the few Ys games I've yet to play?  Wish they'd release the remake on something other than the PS Vita...
I'm a notorious strange man.

turboswimbz

« Reply #3347 on: August 02, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »

Ys II is a bit too maze-like and repetitive for my tastes, but Ys I is one of my favorite games.  Love the world, the bump-into-shit mechanics are surprisingly addicting, and the music is on another plane - and I'm speaking of the SMS version...I'm sure the CD version is the stuff of legend.  How is IV, that's one of the few Ys games I've yet to play?  Wish they'd release the remake on something other than the PS Vita...

4 is good, I enjoyed it more than 3.   If you have TG CD capability there was a fan translation done that is down right awesome.   
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

munchiaz

« Reply #3348 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »
Finished off Valis 1 last night.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3349 on: August 03, 2015, 10:05:21 AM »
I'm currently trying to play Magicoal, but I think I'm stuck.  :|
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

grolt

« Reply #3350 on: August 03, 2015, 12:52:57 PM »

4 is good, I enjoyed it more than 3.   If you have TG CD capability there was a fan translation done that is down right awesome.

Wasn't planning to jump into the CD scene so quickly, but that may be the tipping point.  Thanks for the heads up.  Are burned discs hard on the Duo lasers like they notably are on other CD systems?
I'm a notorious strange man.

galam

« Reply #3351 on: August 03, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
I have been inflicting self pain by playing ghost manor. Its actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Its very opaque. Scenery is not very obvious as to what you need to iteract with. Also there are so many characters that i was avoiding, thinking they are enemies when they actually help. It probably doesnt make life easier that i am playing on turbo express. This is my second time picking this game up to play, and I'm not very good.

esteban

« Reply #3352 on: August 03, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »

I have been inflicting self pain by playing ghost manor. Its actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Its very opaque. Scenery is not very obvious as to what you need to iteract with. Also there are so many characters that i was avoiding, thinking they are enemies when they actually help. It probably doesnt make life easier that i am playing on turbo express. This is my second time picking this game up to play, and I'm not very good.

Hahahahjaha! The fact you are playing this on the TurboExpress—that is awesome.

I don't think I've tried GM on the TE.

I will have to try it.
  |    | 

galam

« Reply #3353 on: August 03, 2015, 03:07:49 PM »

Hahahahjaha! The fact you are playing this on the TurboExpress—that is awesome.

I don't think I've tried GM on the TE.

I will have to try it.

it's maddening.

Groover

« Reply #3354 on: August 03, 2015, 03:50:46 PM »
I'm currently playing Dracula X. I'm trying to get 100% but I'm at 96%. I have beaten the game cleared all the alternate levels and replaced stage5 to get alternate path. Also rescued all the girls. Any ideas on what I should look for? Love love love this game.I wanted it since it was released and earlier this year that dream came true.

escarioth

« Reply #3355 on: August 03, 2015, 10:45:04 PM »
i wanted to play might and magic III.... (or try)
and it looks like ill have to sacrifice all my game files to even start the game  :-k
i got 2 bank cards..but well.. they're not working... (surprise  ](*,))

surely there's a place around with someone already asking for how to repair them
(i dont want to lose my precious dracula x , valis and ys games.... noooooo  :-&)
US Hucards     :  83/94
US CD-games  : 40/44
total complete with boxes 54/111

munchiaz

« Reply #3356 on: August 04, 2015, 04:32:15 AM »
started playing Valkyrie no densetsu last night. Fun isometric game. Currently im in the lava cave 

Mas

« Reply #3357 on: August 04, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »
So far I'm on bonks revenge last weekend. Was my first time buying and playing the game. I only made it to stage 2 right now. Now I have to wait till my day of on next Monday.

esteban

« Reply #3358 on: August 05, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »

So far I'm on bonks revenge last weekend. Was my first time buying and playing the game. I only made it to stage 2 right now. Now I have to wait till my day of on next Monday.

Dude, I actually envy you :)

There is so much charm and personality in the Bonk/PC Genjin series.  I wish I could play it fresh and anew.

Anyway, it is actually a very easy game, but it is a lot of fun and well-worth your time.

|    | 

escarioth

« Reply #3359 on: August 05, 2015, 02:52:45 AM »
i manage to get a copy of bonk 3 cd.
didnt play it yet, but i heard that bonk's revenge is still on top of this one.
i might try to play it this week-end :) i feel like playing a bonk game.

US Hucards     :  83/94
US CD-games  : 40/44
total complete with boxes 54/111