Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91716 times)

airsoftmodels

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3375 on: August 08, 2015, 05:05:04 AM »
absolutely love the 2 minute special versions of final soldier and soldier blade.

grolt

« Reply #3376 on: August 08, 2015, 05:13:54 AM »
Alan Pross is making me his bitch right now in the championship race for Final Lap Twin. Or should I say all those dummy racers cluttering up the track are making me their bitches.

EDIT: Final Lap Twin is now my bitch.  Great game!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:42:50 AM by grolt »
I'm a notorious strange man.

Bardoly

« Reply #3377 on: August 27, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »
Clear #38 - Makai Prince Dorabocchan (aka 'Kid Dracula')

I give this a slightly above average '6 out of 10'.

This fairly easy platformer seems rather like an NES game.  While it is fairly colorful and fun to play through once, I doubt that I'll be playing it again anytime soon.  With no additional difficulty modes or 2-player option, there is little to draw me back to playing it again.  With unlimited continues and the ability to harvest extra lives for the boss fights, you will definitely be able to beat this game your first time playing it.

You play as 'Kid Dracula' - the son of Count Dracula, and you have to play through about 6 stages, each with a mid-boss and a stage boss.  You can attack with your short-ranged wand or with your unlimited stash of tomatoes, which are thrown a slightly further distance than the length of your wand.  You throw your tomatoes by squatting down and pushing the attack button.  While you are squatting, you are hiding under your hat, which makes you invulnerable to most enemies and their attacks.  Along the way, you can also collect extra tomatoes, up to 99, which are then rained down upon the stage boss, depleting his energy somewhat before the battle begins.  There are a few power-ups found in the game - some one once or twice in the entire game.  These include a cape which allows you to double-jump and spike shoes which allow you to cause damage to enemies by jumping on them (Normally you can jump on most enemies without causing damage to you or it.) along with a few other power-ups.

The game's lack of English is not a barrier at all to playing it. The game does have unlimited continues, but no save or password capability, so it must be beaten in one sitting. Anyway, I do recommend this game to those who enjoy platformers, even though there are better platformers in the PC Engine library.

jtucci31

« Reply #3378 on: August 27, 2015, 07:06:07 PM »
I just recently played through this. I talked about it in the other clear thread, but I agree with most of what you said. I enjoyed it for what it's worth. I'd still recommend it to lost people.

Above average describes it well. More stages or powerups that actuslly made a difference would have been nice. Like certain powerups help on bosses or you can collect and switch through them. Or at the very leaat, like I said, just did more.

esteban

« Reply #3379 on: August 28, 2015, 01:03:33 AM »
REAL MEN DON'T USE CONTINUES OR HARVEST LIVES IN KID DRACULA

It's like feeding quarters in a shoot-em-up or beat-em-up

:)
  |    | 

datbuta

« Reply #3380 on: August 28, 2015, 05:05:08 AM »
I am currently playing sidearms and fighting street..

sidearms is quite addictive... i had it for PSP on the capcom collections remixed but never really played it until I got my system (thanks to keith! great stuff)

fighting street on the other hand.... oh dear... I can understand that I would want this game as a collectors item... but playing it is oh so dreadful. Ive just been practicing with ryu/ken in 2 player mode and i can't pull off special moves... makes me want to get a 6 button pad... sigh

I'll try out ninja gaiden when I get the chance! plus i got to look for my vigilante copy... its somewhere in the house... that and Street fighter 2 CE... in which i definitely need a 6button pad

good times!

Bloufo

« Reply #3381 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:59 AM »
fighting street on the other hand.... oh dear...

What stwength! But don't fowget dew aw many guys like yoo all ova da wald!

datbuta

« Reply #3382 on: August 28, 2015, 08:08:30 AM »

try again kidahahaha

seriously the music sounds great... i have no idea what went wrong with everything else. technology of the time i guess.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3383 on: August 28, 2015, 10:06:12 AM »

try again kidahahaha

seriously the music sounds great... i have no idea what went wrong with everything else. technology of the time i guess.

No, SF should have had had a feasible control scheme (for special moves) and responsive controls. If I had been the project manager, it would not have shipped as-is. Even if I had to reconfigure the mechanics (and drop the "strength" variable) to simplify things...the game should have been better.

This is one of those times that improving upon the arcade version would have been great.

I played the arcade version at a local pizzeria and never thought the controls/mechanics were intuitive or responsive.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:08:51 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

grolt

« Reply #3384 on: August 29, 2015, 03:03:26 AM »
The lady and I have been pretty hooked on Dungeon Explorer of late.  Super fun game with simple and addicting gameplay that's made all the better with multiple players.  What were they thinking, though, with having to enter in a character password EVERY TIME you get a game over?  I don't understand why you couldn't just have a continue screen after the death to reduce the password entry monotony.
I'm a notorious strange man.

Punch

« Reply #3385 on: August 29, 2015, 08:25:16 AM »
I'm playing Atlantean (thanks Arkhan). How in the world do you dodge the mines?

TheOldMan

« Reply #3386 on: August 29, 2015, 08:38:21 AM »
How in the world do you dodge the mines?

My tactic is to scurry towards the top, line up with the third mine, and then as they come on screen you have just enough time to get to a hole. Don't forget to run back to the third row as soon as the mine passes.

Damon Plus

« Reply #3387 on: August 29, 2015, 11:25:49 PM »
Doing my annual playthrough of Neutopia. In summer, I like to bring my TG to the place I went with my parents as a kid. I never had the TG back then, but it gives me this old school warm feeling nonetheless.

pulstar

« Reply #3388 on: August 30, 2015, 12:39:42 AM »
Been playing Cosmic Fantasy recently. It really is archetypal RPG-fare. Not bad though. Pretty easy for non-fluent Japanese speakers to get through as well.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

datbuta

« Reply #3389 on: August 31, 2015, 02:32:38 AM »

try again kidahahaha

No, SF should have had had a feasible control scheme (for special moves) and responsive controls. If I had been the project manager, it would not have shipped as-is. Even if I had to reconfigure the mechanics (and drop the "strength" variable) to simplify things...the game should have been better.

This is one of those times that improving upon the arcade version would have been great.

I played the arcade version at a local pizzeria and never thought the controls/mechanics were intuitive or responsive.

thats true your right.. i did play the arcade version a couple times before when it was still around in arcades that are nonexistent now... it was really hard to pull of the moves... my brother said he would play cross handed so he'd use the stick with his right hand and buttons with the left... said that made it easier for him... but thats not a viable solution