Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91464 times)

ginoscope

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3585 on: November 22, 2015, 03:13:53 AM »
Still working on Exile Wicked Phenomenon I got to the very last stage and died at the mid boss.  Some kind of genie but I have not figured out his pattern yet.  The sucky thing is it takes forever to get to him.  The entire last stage is super cheap.

This game is super tough but I am determined to beat this soon.

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #3586 on: November 22, 2015, 06:10:25 AM »
Still working on Exile Wicked Phenomenon I got to the very last stage and died at the mid boss.  Some kind of genie but I have not figured out his pattern yet.  The sucky thing is it takes forever to get to him.  The entire last stage is super cheap.

Ugh, I hate that guy. He is probably that hardest boss in the game. Once you beat him you will be in the home stretch. I used Rumi to beat him, attacking from across the screen gives you a little more time to dodge his attacks. Unfortunately though Rumi's attacks are so week it takes 2 hits to knock of one row of pixels from his life bar.

blueraven

« Reply #3587 on: November 22, 2015, 07:37:50 AM »
About to try beyond shadowgate...
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ginoscope

« Reply #3588 on: November 22, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »

Enjoy it one of my favorites since it came out in the 90s.  You will die a lot but it's a good game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:50:33 AM by ginoscope »

Punch

« Reply #3589 on: November 22, 2015, 09:07:10 AM »
I'm hoping to beat it this week (which will be essentially a 1 life clear, because anything else is basically impossible).

If you can manage to upgrade your shot all the way to the Wave powerup, you will be very-well set for beating the game.

The levels are fairly accurate to the arcade (which I have 1CC'd), despite the screen change.

I don't know how much this will help, but the arcade route that is typically the easiest is ABEIMRX, with X-Octopus being the easiest of the final bosses. However, since Super Darius has different bosses in stages 2-6 (fun fact: these were actually originally cut from the arcade game due to space constraints), so it might be different.

I typically find that the stages are far harder in Darius than the bosses are, though i don't have enough experience with Super Darius' bosses.

I saw the list of bosses/areas for the original darius, it is quite different! In Super Darius there is an unique boss for each area, not so much for arcade Darius. I tried my best to beat the game but I can't even get to the last areas anymore... sigh. I have my path memorized but the bosses are just unfair, specially with 1/3 of the screen to share with the boss and his projectiles.

galam

« Reply #3590 on: November 22, 2015, 09:24:28 AM »

without this game, i may have lost interest in video games all together if this game wasnt released when it was.  it certainly has its flaws, but so unique.  save frequently.  you will thank me for that advice.

retro junkie

« Reply #3591 on: November 22, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
Dracula X on the Duo. Awesome fun.  :clap:

lukester

« Reply #3592 on: November 22, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »
Legendary Axe II!

I've only beat the game once. It was pretty challenging originally.

This time I decided to use sword instead of axe in the final level and it worked out better. So at least I have a strategy for more playthroughs.

I think I like both LA I and II equally. Both bring different things to the table but both are shining stars. They are the best hack and slash platformers aside from the Castlevanias.

P.S. Incredible soundtrack.

Jason_dicarlo85

« Reply #3593 on: November 22, 2015, 08:01:35 PM »
Legendary Axe II!

This time I decided to use sword instead of axe in the final level and it worked out better. So at least I have a strategy for more playthroughs.

I think I like both LA I and II equally. Both bring different things to the table but both are shining stars. They are the best hack and slash platformers aside from the Castlevanias.

I love l.a. 2... The boss of level 4 or 5 gets me livid... The little guy with the wrecking ball... I have beaten him but I haven't figured out the trick or pattern to attacking him yet

lukester

« Reply #3594 on: November 22, 2015, 10:13:12 PM »
Legendary Axe II!

I love l.a. 2... The boss of level 4 or 5 gets me livid... The little guy with the wrecking ball... I have beaten him but I haven't figured out the trick or pattern to attacking him yet

One of the easier bosses. Just stand still. When he tries to hit you he will miss, and then you strike when he pulls back.

Punch

« Reply #3595 on: November 23, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »

I always get close to beating the game but then I screw up in a dumb way. I had gotten to X in another playthrough but I didn't record it. X is too difficult EmperorIng! I'd rather go to W and waste all my lives on the final boss.

I also really need to invest real money into a elgato or something to record my playthroughs. That glorious 30fps interlaced from my shitty usb thingy isn't helping.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #3596 on: November 23, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »
was playing ai cho aniki last night with my boy sarumaru and what an interesting game to say the least! lol

TR0N

« Reply #3597 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:04 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ginoscope

« Reply #3598 on: November 25, 2015, 07:49:39 AM »

Ugh, I hate that guy. He is probably that hardest boss in the game. Once you beat him you will be in the home stretch. I used Rumi to beat him, attacking from across the screen gives you a little more time to dodge his attacks. Unfortunately though Rumi's attacks are so week it takes 2 hits to knock of one row of pixels from his life bar.

Woot finally beat Exile Wicked Phenomenon man this game was tough and thanks for the tips.  The hardest part were those annoying blue devils in the final stage.  The mid boss was easy once I knew his pattern and the last boss was a joke.  Now the next game I play is going to seem easy lol.

This game ranks up there with Mega Man and Ninja Gaiden as far as tough games I have finished.

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #3599 on: November 25, 2015, 09:11:12 AM »

Woot finally beat Exile Wicked Phenomenon man this game was tough and thanks for the tips.  The hardest part were those annoying blue devils in the final stage.  The mid boss was easy once I knew his pattern and the last boss was a joke.  Now the next game I play is going to seem easy lol.

This game ranks up there with Mega Man and Ninja Gaiden as far as tough games I have finished.
Congratulations, It really feels satisfying when you beat that game. It is probably the hardest game I have beaten.

I think of the last boss as your reward for making it that far.