Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91516 times)

jtucci31

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3705 on: February 11, 2016, 08:40:34 AM »
took quite a break from TG16 for some months.
(too much of usual routine stuff)  ](*,)
Yeah whenever school starts back up for me after the new year I get pretty busy and my turbo-time decreases. I have to make more of an effort to give myself the time.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #3706 on: February 11, 2016, 01:10:35 PM »
I just beat Cadash for the first time, with Fighter.

Now to go through with the other characters.

johnnykonami

« Reply #3707 on: February 11, 2016, 01:19:28 PM »
I just beat Cadash for the first time, with Fighter.

Now to go through with the other characters.

Nice, Mage & Priest were my faves, Ninja was really good to play through it with also - if I recall he makes it pretty easy.  I gotta do another playthrough soon myself!

Gentlegamer

« Reply #3708 on: February 11, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
Also been playing Shinobi.

It's really hard, giving it the arcade feel!

Bloufo

« Reply #3709 on: February 12, 2016, 04:06:22 AM »
Playing a bit of World Class Baseball. It's solid. Having fun with it.

For my next Turbo sports fix I reckon I'll give Hit the Ice a go.

jtucci31

« Reply #3710 on: February 13, 2016, 07:04:29 AM »
I had some friends over last night and today and we got through about 5 or 6 dungeons in DE. We suck and keep having to type in passwords, but it's been a lot of fun! I hope they continue to like it so we can beat it as a collective group. Figuring out that certain characters can heal if you look at each other is VERY helpful

ginoscope

« Reply #3711 on: February 13, 2016, 07:40:48 AM »
Been killing a lot of time modding my tg16 but I been playing dragon slayer and last alert.

Last alert is epic lol...classic horrible dub.

seieienbu

« Reply #3712 on: February 13, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
Also been playing Shinobi.

It's really hard, giving it the arcade feel!

I'm pretty sure that the PC Engine port is the best version of the game after the arcade original.  Excellent port.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

spawnshop

« Reply #3713 on: February 13, 2016, 01:44:40 PM »
Tonight i was playing Ordyne, Bravoman, Dragon Spirit, and Time Cruise.

Time Cruise is cool if you just want to chill....had a lot of fun with it.
Bravoman just plain sucks.  The controls are horrible.
Dragon Spirit is a lot of fun, but I'm not too good at it.  Couldn't even get past lvl 1!  Haha!

I was playing Ordyne the most.  Was a ton of fun.  Think i only got to stage 3 or 4, but it was a blast.  I like the feel of it.

lukester

« Reply #3714 on: February 13, 2016, 02:23:44 PM »
Yeah whenever school starts back up for me after the new year I get pretty busy and my turbo-time decreases. I have to make more of an effort to give myself the time.

I've been pretty burnt out on the turbo and have been enjoying some black flag (and AC rogue) for the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the mix of assassin and pirate gameplay! I'll probably get lynched for saying that haha

I have put in some quick playthroughs of bonk 2 and ninja spirit though.

jtucci31

« Reply #3715 on: February 13, 2016, 03:06:58 PM »

I've been pretty burnt out on the turbo and have been enjoying some black flag (and AC rogue) for the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the mix of assassin and pirate gameplay! I'll probably get lynched for saying that haha

*gasp* Delete your account like the rest of them!!!

esteban

« Reply #3716 on: February 13, 2016, 10:12:40 PM »

If you want "pirate action", then play Parodius :)
  |    | 

grolt

« Reply #3717 on: February 14, 2016, 02:24:15 AM »
Finally located a copy of Tiger Road and gave that one a shot last night. Once it got going I couldn't put it down and an hour or so later I finished it. I like those kind of action games but Bucci's review really put me off - he made it sound like one of the most difficult games ever made. Aside from some cheap Ninja Gaiden-esque enemy spawns by pits, it is a pretty easy game that rewards memorization and a little bit of strategy. As simple as the challenges were, I still really liked the upgrade component, reminding me of one of my favorite games, Kenseiden for the SMS. I liked the whole splitting the levels into screens thing, since sometimes you'd be motivated to just chug through a tough part knowing even if you die right after you will respawn at the next screen. Plenty of fun, and looking at the arcade original I think they had a better art style here that embraced an Eastern aesthetic. The arcade game, by comparison, looks more bland despite the bigger and more detailed levels and sprites. Victor Musical Industries sure put out some interesting and skilled games on the TG.
I'm a notorious strange man.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #3718 on: February 14, 2016, 04:03:15 AM »
Last Blade II.  I can fly all the way to the final level no issues.  That final level just keeps hacking me down.  Every death you lose progress and growth and then you have to fight to get it back.  I'll beat it.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

« Reply #3719 on: February 14, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

Finally located a copy of Tiger Road and gave that one a shot last night. Once it got going I couldn't put it down and an hour or so later I finished it. I like those kind of action games but Bucci's review really put me off - he made it sound like one of the most difficult games ever made. Aside from some cheap Ninja Gaiden-esque enemy spawns by pits, it is a pretty easy game that rewards memorization and a little bit of strategy. As simple as the challenges were, I still really liked the upgrade component, reminding me of one of my favorite games, Kenseiden for the SMS. I liked the whole splitting the levels into screens thing, since sometimes you'd be motivated to just chug through a tough part knowing even if you die right after you will respawn at the next screen. Plenty of fun, and looking at the arcade original I think they had a better art style here that embraced an Eastern aesthetic. The arcade game, by comparison, looks more bland despite the bigger and more detailed levels and sprites. Victor Musical Industries sure put out some interesting and skilled games on the TG.

I could beat this game BITD, but it wasn't a guarantee every time. I definitely thought some parts were a bit challenging.

Recently, playing the game with my 12 year old daughter...she found it frustrating. I said, "Let me show you."

Ha! I only made it a little bit further than she did.

:)
  |    |