Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91666 times)

geise

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3720 on: February 14, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
I still have yet to beat Tiger Road.  Sounds like a challenge for next weekend when I have the time.

grolt

« Reply #3721 on: February 14, 2016, 11:51:16 AM »
Once you figure out the strategy for each part in the level it becomes pretty easy to master the moves you need to do to advance further.  It becomes especially easy once you get the Tiger attack and can pretty much just decimate enemies and bosses from that point forward.  With the doubled Tiger attack, you don't even have to move for the last boss.  Add in a pretty liberal amount of health containers and even with mistakes you should be able to work your way through the game with the 3 continues.  Using the "Backup" option, which essentially save states where you last had a game over, gives you unlimited continues, but you really shouldn't even need it.

Cool thing I found is that when you do use the "Backup" option after you finish the game, you start again on the first level but retain all of your Tiger/life powerups, which makes the first few levels especially fun since you can just plow through unscathed.  Not sure if the ending is any different after that, but I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to find out!
I'm a notorious strange man.

lukester

« Reply #3722 on: February 14, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »
Not gonna lie, Turbo switches are kinda essential for Tiger Road, especially the bonus stages. They are your only chance to get an upgrade and if you fail then you may as well reset.

turboswimbz

« Reply #3723 on: February 14, 2016, 12:38:50 PM »
Not gonna lie, Turbo switches are kinda essential for Tiger Road, especially the bonus stages. They are your only chance to get an upgrade and if you fail then you may as well reset.

Yeah those bonus stages are so essential. but once you figure them out, it's not to bad.   I don't recall using the turbo switches anywhere else though.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Warbucks

« Reply #3724 on: February 14, 2016, 08:34:24 PM »
I'm playing Boxy Boy.. it is way better than I thought it would be.
Are there only the 20 levels?

esteban

« Reply #3725 on: February 14, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »

222 levels
  |    | 

esteban

« Reply #3726 on: February 14, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »

Ha! Upgrading weapons might be the piece missing from my strategy.

Also, I generally don't use auto-fire...but maybe I will have to make an exception for Tiger Road.
  |    | 

Gentlegamer

« Reply #3727 on: February 15, 2016, 02:14:02 AM »
I finished Cratermaze on Normal, it was really easy.

Then the game starts over on Difficult, and it seems like it's the real version of the game. More enemies, and you can fall in your own craters!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3728 on: February 15, 2016, 02:49:36 AM »

I don't know why you'd think that, as there's 250 total.  Beat the first 100 to unlock another 100, and beat those to unlock the final 50.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Warbucks

« Reply #3729 on: February 15, 2016, 03:39:56 AM »

I don't know why you'd think that, as there's 250 total.  Beat the first 100 to unlock another 100, and beat those to unlock the final 50.

Awesome, when I was scrolling through the different levels, I only noticed 20. (I was only on level 5 at the time)
Guess I didn't scroll far enough lol

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3730 on: February 15, 2016, 04:45:14 AM »
It must let you see the first 20, but after that you have to beat the prior level to play the next.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

spawnshop

« Reply #3731 on: February 21, 2016, 04:03:32 AM »
Finally picked up a copy of Devil's Crush and was playing that yesterday for a hour or so.   How many pinball games are there on the TG16?!   LOL!

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #3732 on: February 21, 2016, 04:22:31 AM »
Finally picked up a copy of Devil's Crush and was playing that yesterday for a hour or so.   How many pinball games are there on the TG16?!   LOL!
Two good ones, and you have the better of the two. Alien Crush came out first and is good, but not as good.

There's also Time Cruise II, but I've never actually played it.

lukester

« Reply #3733 on: February 21, 2016, 05:25:27 AM »
Played through dungeon explorer with the bishop. Still as good as I remember. I need to try the sequel at some point (and the snes port)

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #3734 on: February 26, 2016, 05:14:18 AM »
So thanks to wildfruit I have been playing some Panic Bomber.

I have to say this is a great puzzle game and so much fun. I also feel this game is intense in a way that other puzzle games are not. I think it is a combination of, the up tempo music, how quickly you get rows pushed up from the bottom, and the bomb explosions causing the screen to shake. It feels like you are always on the brink just waiting for the next lit red bomb to save you.

So I definitely recommend it.