Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91408 times)

NightWolve

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3840 on: July 19, 2016, 11:32:24 AM »
Not quite Turbo related, but I did just beat Ys V.

Pretty decent game though the bosses were disappointing. The soundtrack was too orchestral for my taste. It took me about 6 hours or so, and I didn't die too much. It's a shame that the in-depth magic/alchemy system was pretty much worthless. The only retro Ys I need to play still is Ys IV.

Oh, you skipped past Ys IV for it, no beuno! Well, like I mentioned, I don't respect the SNES Ys IV port and got bored out of it. And now our PC Engine project led to full translation with dubbing, so I'm sure you'll pick the "right one" for your next retro Ys game to tackle, hint hint... ;)

geise

« Reply #3841 on: July 21, 2016, 05:26:59 AM »
I haven't beaten Dragon Slayer since I purchased it in 93. I was wanting a nice rpg to sit down, relax, and play through one night.  It's nice playing this game again.  I usually find myself playing hours of othello.

bob

« Reply #3842 on: July 24, 2016, 08:42:25 AM »
i recently got to the shrine in dungeon explorer 2.  gotta get back to it tonight.
lots of black jack playing is making the game much longer.

wildfruit

« Reply #3843 on: July 24, 2016, 09:28:54 AM »
i recently got to the shrine in dungeon explorer 2.  gotta get back to it tonight.
lots of black jack playing is making the game much longer.
Such an enjoyable mini game

martinine

« Reply #3844 on: July 24, 2016, 02:31:02 PM »
I finished Ys IV recently as well. Nightwolve's work is fantastic! Thanks a lot NW.

If you haven't enjoyed it, then you owe it to yourself.

On another note, I also finished the PC remake (or PSP Port?) or Ys 1 & 2. What's up with the way the screen is so zoomed in? I know the engine can handle zooming it to what feels correct (to me) because it zooms out of every boss fight. Prefer the Turbo CD edition every time.  Really cool you are watching your son go through the Turbo classics.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Idblbruno

« Reply #3845 on: July 24, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »
My son has played through the PC remakes of Ys I & II (way too many times), and the DS version (cringe), and now.... he's playing through the TGCD version. Kinda nice to sit back and watch the playthrough.

This game was a big reason I bought the PCE. It was also the first game I beat on the system.

On another note, I finally got around to beating Neutopia. I started drinking and beat the last 3 dungeons in one sitting. Unfortunately, I was quite drunk by the time I got to the boss in the 8th dungeon and couldn't beat him. Anyway, a couple days later I went back and beat the final two bosses, easy.

Thinking about starting Dragon's Curse next. Either that or Ys IV.

I just recently started neutopia.  Beat the first 2 dungeons but haven't had much time to get back into it yet.  I've also been playing some boxy boy.  Love me some puzzles.

esteban

« Reply #3846 on: July 25, 2016, 01:32:10 AM »
^ In addition to Boxyboy, you might try Timeball (Blodia). It's a puzzle game that many people trash, but it is actually a great game.

|    | 

Gredler

« Reply #3847 on: July 25, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »
This weekend was a friggin blast in the pce game playing department.

It was hellishly hot, and I don't have AC, so I spent most of my day in the pool then going to the basement for game playing, and repeating.

On Friday night I saw this for the first time,

I was so stoked to have finished the game, I didn't want the action RPG action to stop so I jumped into Dungeon Explorer - another game I would've loved to have known about and had instead of say... Tailspin ( thanks Mom)

I played as the fighter, and killed the first few bosses - I stopped to take a break and didn't go back after beating the flower boss. What a blast the game was though, and I am excited to go back and finish it up :)

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3848 on: July 26, 2016, 04:18:48 AM »
Playing Road Spirits right now....it's like the definition of mediocre in every sense. Yet I can't stop playing.

Track 5 kicks ass on the "CD player" in your virtual car, that helps a lot.

esteban

« Reply #3849 on: July 26, 2016, 05:12:11 AM »
Playing Road Spirits right now....it's like the definition of mediocre in every sense. Yet I can't stop playing.

I want to listen to the songs now, just to see which track you are referring to!
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3850 on: July 26, 2016, 06:20:29 AM »

I want to listen to the songs now, just to see which track you are referring to!

You have to love sweet guitar riffs esteban! But it is easily the best track on the disc IMO.

(It actually took me some time to realize I had to change the music myself....I played 7 or 8 races in a row and was REALLY getting sick of that first easy listening track, even though it's not bad)

csgx1

« Reply #3851 on: July 26, 2016, 06:26:08 AM »
I really like Road Spirits mainly because it has the NSX.  Though it does get very repetitive after so many races. 

I agree track 5, "A Seal" is the best track. 

Gypsy

« Reply #3852 on: July 26, 2016, 06:47:24 AM »
This weekend was a friggin blast in the pce game playing department.

It was hellishly hot, and I don't have AC, so I spent most of my day in the pool then going to the basement for game playing, and repeating.

On Friday night I saw this for the first time,

I was so stoked to have finished the game, I didn't want the action RPG action to stop so I jumped into Dungeon Explorer - another game I would've loved to have known about and had instead of say... Tailspin ( thanks Mom)

I played as the fighter, and killed the first few bosses - I stopped to take a break and didn't go back after beating the flower boss. What a blast the game was though, and I am excited to go back and finish it up :)

Was this your first time playing Ys? Great game. Don't play the DS version LOL.

Dungeon Explorer is good fun too. Been playing 2 player with a friend lately.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3853 on: July 26, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »
I really like Road Spirits mainly because it has the NSX.  Though it does get very repetitive after so many races. 

I agree track 5, "A Seal" is the best track.
Thanks for remembering the name...I didn't and google was failing me.

I kept waiting for the game to get harder/faster/whatever....the last race is hardly different than the first. But it's still fun in a boring zen kind of way.

Idblbruno

« Reply #3854 on: July 26, 2016, 06:54:53 AM »
^ In addition to Boxyboy, you might try Timeball (Blodia). It's a puzzle game that many people trash, but it is actually a great game.

I am adding that to my list now.  Thanks for the recommendation.