Author Topic: HuCard Converters  (Read 634 times)

nat

Re: HuCard Converters
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »
Wow, that's a crazy looking converter. It doesn't stick a mile out of your system just begging for someone to step on your expose Hucard though, so that's cool.

That's the same distance a Kisado sticks out. A Kisado also reverses the cart direction. That looks like a green Kisado clone, actually.

Do other converters stick out more?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 02:01:25 PM by nat »

ceti alpha

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 02:02:22 PM »
Wow, that's a crazy looking converter. It doesn't stick a mile out of your system just begging for someone to step on your expose Hucard though, so that's cool. Reversing the direction of the HuCard is a good idea.

I'd most certainly end up doing that. When my modded Duo arrives I'm getting a proper set up for it and my Xbox. I had the poor thing sitting on the floor.  :( Please guys, don't report my Duo abuse to the authorities.  :pray:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »
Duos are designed to sit on the floor.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
Wow, that's a crazy looking converter. It doesn't stick a mile out of your system just begging for someone to step on your expose Hucard though, so that's cool.

That's the same distance a Kisado sticks out. A Kisado also reverses the cart direction. That looks like a green Kisado clone, actually.

Have you not see the green diving board model? The thing is almost a foot long with a Hucard in it. The one everybody calls Barney due to its purple color (even though I've only ever seen them in brown) has the entire unprotected HuCard sticking almost fully out of the system. Its extremely precarious.

Maiden Hell

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »
Well I only have it on the floor there because of the pictures I took earlier this evening to show you guys.  I actually have it placed on top of my DVD Recorder when I play it just in case someone needs to walk by.  Other then the occasional feline walking by I don't get much foot traffic in my basement.

Maiden Hell

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 02:19:23 PM »
Duos are designed to sit on the floor.

Doh...

SignOfZeta

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 02:21:10 PM »
My Duo is actually sitting on my PS2...which is sitting on the floor.

nat

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »

Have you not see the green diving board model? The thing is almost a foot long with a Hucard in it. The one everybody calls Barney due to its purple color (even though I've only ever seen them in brown) has the entire unprotected HuCard sticking almost fully out of the system. Its extremely precarious.

A foot long? Are you serious? No, I haven't seen that model.

No wonder you hate converters so much-- if those two are the only ones you've seen. :)

Turbo D

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 03:12:28 PM »
I have a version 1 diving board, mirai, kisado and brown barney. I like the kisado the best.

nat

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
Jesus, how many do you need? How many Japanese games are you planning to play on your system at one time? Quite driving up the market by bogarting all the adapters!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 04:27:28 PM »
Nice pics, Maiden Hell; I have the exact same type of converter.  Don't you just love the ghetto HuCard socket on these things?  It looks like they used a portion of something like a VLB socket, and while it ain't pretty, it gets the job done.  It's too bad that the bottom half of the socket scratches up HuCards, but I can live with it.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »
Don't worry Nat, I paid under market for some. I only paid $60 for a kisado on ebay in 2007. I guess I got lucky because I've seen them sell for $200 on there, lol. I once used the diving board, mirai and kisado simultaneously on my turbo express!  8)