Author Topic: new Alien Crush game for Wiiware (old original looks better though)  (Read 919 times)

nat

Re: new Alien Crush game for Wiiware (old original looks better though)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
I'm really surprised. I guess I'm the only one that thinks this looks incredible.  :?

Turbo D

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »
I think it looks bad-ass! The power of the wii is becoming more apparent. The grafx are really clean. I will buy the wii to play this game! (also for nights and smg  8) ).

nat

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 06:43:46 PM »
I haven't played Nights but Super Mario Galaxy is spectacular. Hmm, I need to play that game again soon...Haven't played in a while. I got too involved with RE4.

And personally, I can't wait until Wii-ware hits the US. I'm still hoping they release Star Soldier R over here.

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »
I'm really surprised. I guess I'm the only one that thinks this looks incredible.  :?
I think it looks good, especially for a budget game. I can see how someone thinks it looks Playstation-ish, but it has a lot more detail and just has a really disgusting creepy look.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

sideshow

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »
I just wish they would expand the playing field.

Wouldnt it be great to play a pinball game within the whole human body?  You start at the feet and make your way up to the brain.  It would be killer!

Turbo D

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
That's a good idea sideshow! Maybe hudson wanted to be faithful to the original Alien Crush and make it a small board. I'm surprised nintendo didn't make it a ds game ( uh-oh, I better not give them any ideas  8-[ .) Maybe they will recreate devil's crush in the future. I hope they don't censor it though!

Keranu

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »
The official site is now up and there's a trailer!

http://www.hudson.co.jp/ww/aliencrush/jpn/j/index.html

Looks a bit different from the original, but still looks like a lot of fun. The sites mentions a story mode, arcade mode, versus mode, ranking mode, and of course options. On the about page, it shows a screenshot for the original Alien Crush and Devil Crush on the bottom, but I don't know the Japanese-a so I don't know what it's saying. Wouldn't make much sense if they were included since they are already out on the VC.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »
On the about page, it shows a screenshot for the original Alien Crush and Devil Crush on the bottom, but I don't know the Japanese-a so I don't know what it's saying. Wouldn't make much sense if they were included since they are already out on the VC.

Its just describing the games' origins and that they're available on Virtual Console.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »
Thanks for the input, I shoulda figured that.

Sinistron

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 08:11:52 AM »
The trailer looks insane.  Yet another reason for me to get a wii- and still I hold off.  So stubborn.  Also- congrats Keranu on cracking 8,000 posts.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Dark Fact

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 03:35:26 PM »
Aha! That Japanese website romanizes it as Alien Crush and not Alien Crash.  Looks like the U.S. release was the correct title after all. 8)

Hmm, before I watched the trailer, the game looked too much like a human's inner body with pointy teeth in various spots but after I watched the trailer, it really does have that Alien feel to it. 

I was expecting something more Ridley Scott'ish but this looks fine. :)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

CosMind

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 04:07:40 AM »
I was expecting something more Ridley Scott'ish but this looks fine. :)

you mean H. R. Giger'ish, right?
;)

Dark Fact

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »
Yeah...right. #-o

But still, playing that game makes me think of my spleen and liver.  And when that happens, I really feel the need to fart. :(

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

rolins

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »
This is not looking pretty. I have low hopes on its soundtrack too, since Compile isn't behind this.

Dark Fact

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »
Compile isn't doing the music? Boo-urns! :x

But the game designers are still the same NAXAT team, right? :-s