Author Topic: Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight (INFO ?)  (Read 502 times)

PSP*FAN1

Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight (INFO ?)
« on: May 16, 2008, 05:20:55 AM »
Hi:

This is my first post so I hope that I do not put something that I should not. I have had a NEC PC-FX (And other NEC Systems) for over 5 years. The only game I have for my NEC PC-FX at the time is Der Langrisser FX by NCS/HEC HE. The main reason I have NOT got any other game for the NEC PC-FX is because most of the games for the NEC PC-FX require you to know a bit if not a lot of Japanese. After investigating I noticed that some games for the NEC PC-FX (A very few) did not require you to know any Japanese for you to play and enjoy them.

I have seen some of the ZENKI episodes on TV and like them a lot. I plan to someday own a mint Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight for the NEC PC-FX, but I may need to trade something that I enjoy using a lot (For example my Wii) or spend a lot of cash (Cash that at the time I do not have for games) for a mint Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight for the NEC PC-FX. So to the point of this topic is Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight a real fun & good game to own for the NEC PC-FX as a collector & gamer? Or is Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight like most SNK NEO GEO games that are worth a lot of cash but not as fun as they look on the box?

Any information from people that own the game or that have played the game for the NEC PC-FX would be great as I am starting to get back into NEC systems (The NEC PC-FX being the main one) and I would like to get good, enjoyable, & collectable games for my NEC PC-FX collection? I know most people will get mad at this topic but I would like to know about the game that I plan to get sometime soon, if not in the future.

Thank You All
PSP*FAN1
 :?:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:26:57 AM by PSP*FAN1 »

nat

Re: Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight (INFO ?)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:29:49 AM »
Zenki is a great game, one of the system's highlights for sure. There are two playable characters, a lot of action, moves to unlock/discover, etc. The game has everything going for it, except.... It should have been longer. It just leaves you wanting more.

I suppose this could be argued as the mark of a good game, however.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:48:24 AM »
Its decent. About an 8/10 game as far as beat-em-ups go, but that makes it a top 5 FX game.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 05:57:29 AM »
This is bullshit!  How dare you question the mighty PC-FX library?!?  :lol:

That's a joke, obviously; anyone who gets their jock strap in a twist over this topic needs a fistful of valium, or maybe just a fisting.  Zenki is quite fun with good replay value, and it's unfortunate that it's so expensive.  It's hard to recommend such a pricey title to anyone, but there aren't many cheap alternatives for this type of game on the FX.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

PSP*FAN1

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
Hello:

Thank you nat, SignOfZeta, and Necromancer for your input on my first post. I am happy to know that Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight is a great game. I plan to have a mint Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight in my NEC PC-FX collection sometime soon or sometime in the future as it looks like a fun classic game.

Thank You All
PSP*FAN1
 :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:55:31 AM by PSP*FAN1 »

SuperDeadite

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »
Great game!  The quality is crap but I did full video of this one a long time ago:

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PSP*FAN1

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
Great game!  The quality is crap but I did full video of this one a long time ago:

Hi SuperDeadite:

The quality of your video is not so good. But your video is fun to see anyhow. Thank you for your time & video.

Thanks
PSP*FAN1
 :clap:

geepee16

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 10:53:18 AM »
this is a great game but definitely short.  if you want to have all of the best games in your fx library, you should buy it but $200-$300 is too much.  for $200, you can get ten very good FX games and enjoy them first.

PSP*FAN1

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 12:26:09 PM »
this is a great game but definitely short.  if you want to have all of the best games in your fx library, you should buy it but $200-$300 is too much.  for $200, you can get ten very good FX games and enjoy them first.

Hi geepee16:

I am with you on the part of a # of PC-FX games being fun for under $200.00. But those games for the most require that you know a bit of Japanese or a lot of Japanese (I do NOT know a bit of Japanese). I am seeing the ZENKI TV episodes, and I am becoming a fan of ZENKI. Yes it will hurt to spend that much cash on one game (That is why I would rather trade something for a mint Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight by Hudson Soft for the NEC PC-FX). But if I must I will buy it sometime in the future. Thanks for your time on my post geepee16.

Thank You
PSP*FAN1
 :wink:

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »
It's a really cool and fun game, but it just feels unfinished to me.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

PSP*FAN1

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 02:14:47 AM »
It's a really cool and fun game, but it just feels unfinished to me.

Hi Keranu:

Thank you for your time on my post. Yes from what people are saying the game is very short. But I hope to be able to make a trade for a mint Kishin Doji Zenki: Vajura Fight for the NEC PC-FX, or if not I will just buy it sometime in the future because everyone is saying that the game is really cool and fun to play.

Thanks
PSP*FAN1
 :wink:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:17:45 AM by PSP*FAN1 »

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »
It looks like a scrapped PC Engine game that got some bg layers tossed in for PC-FX. Of course thats not a bad thing. :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ruinatokyo

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 04:17:20 PM »
This game is genius.

I have to argue with my old bud keranu, but I feel it is quite polished, and one of the few games that shows any of what the PC-FX can do.

And with that, I will share some things about Zenki that many of you probably don't know (and a few you probably do), and that can increase the playability of the game. I have tested  just about all of these.

0) Clear the game on "HARD" and you get a new ending! **** semi-spoiler.............................., it is the anime TVseries ending in fmv ***

1) Intro subtitles: You can get the lyrics to the opening song in the video while it is playing by simultaneously pressing Select and button III. The same command removes the subtitles.

2) Hickspeak: Start with a controller in the 2P port. On the title screen move the selection to "start" then simultaneously press I, II and III on the 2P controller. The characters/narration especially noticeable in the first video opening when you've started the game will all switch to speaking a humourously exaggerated Kansai-ben (a regional dialect).

3) Near the start of the subway section, the frog falls out of the train. Many probably found that jumping on it 3 times gives you an extra life. Try 30 times? And 30 more? or maybe 300? ;)

4) Start anywhere: At the title screen, in this order, press IV, VI, II, II. The screen should flash. Then choose "load" and every level will be available.

5) Sound test: finish the game on any difficulty then reset. Put in controller for 2P port and simultaneously press I, II, III on 2P controller to start the game. This enters "omake mode" and you can select voices with button I.

6) Put the controller in B mode to map special moves to buttons 4,5,6.

7) Hear the ending theme. Finish the game on any difficulty level, a new option called BGM should appear under OPTION.

8.) Less damage - when you are hit and thrown in the air, you're going to lose a lot of energy unless you hit down and button I to flip out of it.

ruina

nat

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 04:43:11 PM »
Holy shit, I didn't know about a single one of those. That's awesome. I will be trying all of those soon.  :clap:

MissaFX

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »
This is easly the best game on the PC-FX.  It is everything the Neo Geo CD should have been.  I would love more games like this.  It's half fighting game, half action game, all badass.  The animated pictures for the characters faces are priceless, the animation lush, the story ammusing.  You'll find yourself singing along with the level that has the wacky sky and wishing the FX had more games like this.

It also has a 2 player mode unlike so many FX games.

Sure it is expensive, but it is totally worth it imo.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08