Author Topic: Rondo of Blood maybe be coming to the NA soon!  (Read 880 times)

Sinistron

Re: Rondo of Blood maybe be coming to the NA soon!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 06:55:20 AM »
Look at Soldier Blade- that was put out on VC wasn't it?  The game is now MUCH more expensive than it was only a year ago- it's now probably the third most expensive US hucard behind Magical Chase and Bonk III.  Perhaps a fuzzed out emulation only made people want the real deal more.  There'll be no price drop for Drac X.  :-"

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 08:14:58 AM »
I, too, don't expect any price drops, as the value of the titles released on VC thus far has remained relatively stable, or at least as stable as the TG-16 library as a whole.

I'm kicking myself for not getting a copy for $100 when I had the chance. Hell, I've even seen it go on eBay for between $75 - $80. Now the cheapest I can find is $128 or something.  ](*,)

Indeed; buying a game at $100 doesn't look so silly when you can sell it a few years later for $150 (note to self: buy Dracula X soon).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jboypacman

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »
Awesome if it makes it to the VC so people can see how truly great this game is and am glad i picked up Drac X for my Duo-R when i did now if i SoldierBlade wasnt so pricey i might pick that up too. :D

GohanX

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »
Bump on an old thread...

I recently loaded the Japanese Rondo of Blood VC game on my Wii, and I thought I would post some impressions.  I should note that I have played quite a bit of Dracula X on my PC Engine lately, so it is very fresh in my mind. The Wii is played on a rather good SDTV with component, with a sweet sound system.

The VC conversion is 99% perfect.  Seriously, I was shocked.

Visuals:
The only other TG VC game I have is Super Star Soldier, and I was used to the annoying blur filter.  Surprisingly, the blur filter is gone, the game looks perfect. To the original Duo's credit though, it doesn't look much different than the original system.  In the Genesis, for instance, the games look much, much better than the original system due to a clean component signal.  While the Wii game in component does look better than the PCE game through composite, it's not a huge difference.

Audio:
The sound effects are the same, as best as I can tell.  The music is good, but if you have a really good sound system you can tell that the audio is compressed slightly, giving it less dynamic range.  If the soundtrack wasn't so awesome, you probably wouldn't notice.  The compression is done very well, however, and probably sounds better than bootleg MP3/Cue rips of the game played on the original system.

Controls:

Okay, this is why I will always come back to the PC Engine version.  Now the game controls perfectly, but it's the controllers themselves that are lacking.  The Wiimote is too small to be comfortable, and the classic controller maps the buttons to A and B, which really annoys me.  Luckily, I have a PSX-Gamecube controller adapter that maps the buttons the way I want.  I'd still rather hold the Turbopad.

Misc:

Since it's loaded from flash ram, loading has been eliminated.  I haven't quite gotten to the part where you fight the 4 bosses in a row, I want to see how that goes without the loading interuption.  Also, it eats quite a bit of the Wii's system memory. It weighs in at a hefty 270 blocks, double that of the next largest game. I hate to say it but the game is going to have to sit in the SD card when not being played for me.

Conclusion:

This is the best way of getting this game, in my opinion.  The inevitable US release will cost a measley $9, and this is as good as it gets without playing it on a modded PC Engine system.  Of course, if you already have it on the PC Engine, there isn't much to entice you to buy it unless it actually gets translated for US release. I plan on buying the US version for myself, and gifting it to those less fortunate that do not have a PC Engine.

Dark Fact

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »
Great to see that the Wii version of Dracula X: Rondo of Blood plays great! :D I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for this release.

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!