Author Topic: So, Do You Think There Will Be Any More TG-16 Games on the Virtual Console?  (Read 2088 times)

nat

Re: So, Do You Think There Will Be Any More TG-16 Games on the Virtual Console?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »
You missed it.

jperryss

Dark Fact

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 05:50:10 AM »
In all honesty, I don't see why Rondo of Blood won't get a release here.  It's one of the most heavily requested imports ever! 8)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Dracula X is confirmed for US VC release..... sans translation.  :(
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

That's great news and bad news all in one downloadable package. :(

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Raizen1984

I'm sure purists would complain if it had been translated (or otherwise altered in any way).

I'm just glad that it's coming over here.  Day 1 purchase for me!

SignOfZeta

Is that really a big deal? Paying voice actors and sound FX people to record 2 minutes of (virtually irrelevant) dialogue, then paying professional programers to hack the new audio into the game along with new subtitles for the intro would octuple the cost of releasing it...seems like a waste of time and money to me. This game has been fully entertaining all but the most xenophobic of Castlevania fans just fine for the better part of two decades.

ParanoiaDragon

Is that really a big deal? Paying voice actors and sound FX people to record 2 minutes of (virtually irrelevant) dialogue, then paying professional programers to hack the new audio into the game along with new subtitles for the intro would octuple the cost of releasing it...seems like a waste of time and money to me. This game has been fully entertaining all but the most xenophobic of Castlevania fans just fine for the better part of two decades.

But, that's the thing, they already did that on the Dracula X Chronicles, so, it's already been paid for & hacked & whatever, atleast, on the PSP version.  Doesn't seem like a huge leap to include that in the VC version, but, I'm no coder, maybe there'd still be more coding involved.  But, even still, Vic Ireland/Sunsoft is talking about possibly redubbing the Valis games!  So, if they're even considering that, it must not be too hard nor expensive, & that's just with Valis.  Rondo of Blood is a much higher priority game then the Valis games.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon
But, that's the thing, they already did that on the Dracula X Chronicles, so, it's already been paid for & hacked & whatever, atleast, on the PSP version.  Doesn't seem like a huge leap to include that in the VC version, but, I'm no coder, maybe there'd still be more coding involved.

How does the PSP version work? Does it run an actual PC Engine image, or was it made ground up? Everything on VC is emulated so whatever work was done for the PSP would also have to be for emulation or it would be worthless. If it was emulated then...yeah, I can't understand why they wouldn't include the localized version for VC.

But, even still, Vic Ireland/Sunsoft is talking about possibly redubbing the Valis games!  So, if they're even considering that, it must not be too hard nor expensive, & that's just with Valis.  Rondo of Blood is a much higher priority game then the Valis games.

Keep in mind that Vic Ireland is more or less completely full of shit. Don't get me wrong, the world needs big fat quixotic nerds with college degrees, but that doesn't mean we have to believe anything they say.

KingDrool

Hey Guys! After years of bitching and complaining, Rondo of Blood is coming to Virtual Console! I'm so glad that the bitching and complaining about Rondo of Blood is over!

...oh wait.  It's the internet.   :twisted:
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

ceti alpha

Hey Guys! After years of bitching and complaining, Rondo of Blood is coming to Virtual Console! I'm so glad that the bitching and complaining about Rondo of Blood is over!

...oh wait.  It's the internet.   :twisted:

haha. Yeah, I mean I'd rather it come to the virtual console unpatched with English translations than not at all.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

ParanoiaDragon

I'm pretty sure the PSP version was emulated.  I could be wrong though.

esteban

...oh wait.  It's the internet.   :twisted:

haha. Yeah, I mean I'd rather it come to the virtual console unpatched with English translations than not at all.

Wow, it has only taken 16+ years :)...

"Konami is releasing Dracula X in Japan, but it is unknown whether it will be released in the States. It sure looks like a hot game. We'll probably find out if Dracula X will be released at the winter CES in Las Vegas. Look for that info in the next issue of DuoWorld."

Alas, that "next issue of DuoWorld" was never to be. :(

You can read DuoWorld #3  (November/December 1993) for more...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:56:27 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

offsidewing

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 03:28:47 PM »
I took four years of German in High School and another four in college.  I love firing up Rondo of Blut and translating the opening.  Hahaha, FLIEGEMAUS!

Still scratching my head on how SimEarth beats Dungeon Explorer Zwei to the VC...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:30:49 PM by offsidewing »

esteban

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 03:01:24 AM »
Still scratching my head on how SimEarth beats Dungeon Explorer Zwei to the VC...

The only possible reason: a sadistic ploy to lure customers by the strength of the "Sims" brand.

What else could it be?

|    |