Author Topic: Zeroigar ADPCM music dumper.  (Read 1439 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Zeroigar ADPCM music dumper.
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »
Yes.

Black Tiger

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 05:06:55 PM »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

|    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 10:42:24 AM »
Turbo Everdrive. Rename the .HES file to .PCE, load it and play.

Black Tiger

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
Turbo Everdrive. Rename the .HES file to .PCE, load it and play.

That was one of the first things I tried and it has never worked. From what little info I've found online, it sounds like the different firmware revisions are only to support slightly different physical components.

I just went though a bunch of .hes files which don't have working sound roms and even tried some that do and still none of them worked... until I finally found a couple that did. One of which sounds like it's missing random sound channels compared to what it sounds like in Mednafen.

Maybe the Turbo Everdrive is finicky like the Tototek card, which sometimes won't play particular roms unless they're the only one on the card?

I'm still not comfortable recording .hes soundtracks off of the TE until I can do more tests to rule out the missing instruments/sound channels.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

kazekirifx

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »
How about ease of use? Isn't it a bit of a chore to have to load each one as an individual ROM? It's not quite as slick as a sound test I'd imagine. Would be cool if someone could design a nice .hes player to run on the PCE. (Sorry I'm just talking out of my ass here, as I don't have any of the technical skills.)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 07:52:49 AM »
It's worked for me on the ones I tried and Team Innocent sounds exactly like the PC-FX. Maybe even better since the Turbo Graffic 16 is actually a real PC Engine whereas the PC-FX is only a wannabe PC Engine. I have the original Turbo Everdrive. I'm sure there are bad HES files out there, though... people not making them correctly or whatever.

Kfjfeowi you don't have to load each and every individual song. Just press left and right. There's no onscreen help, of course.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:54:25 AM by Joe Redifer »