Author Topic: Artbooks.  (Read 400 times)

Mednafen

Artbooks.
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:50:14 AM »
Does anyone have any of the 3 PC-FX character artbooks, or at least the CDs?  I could use the Miraculum artwork from one of them(I can't remember which one has it).

There is an auction on Yahoo! Japan auctions containing all 3, but it is...expensive.

neofan

Re: Artbooks.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:44:06 PM »
You have a link to the auction, or any info on the publisher or titles to these books?
Those sound awesome. Think of all the stuff we missed out of just 'cause we were on the other side of the world when when this stuff was released.
I got 5 freakin-sweet guidebooks for pc-fx games this year I never knew existed. Anything miraculum-related would be awesome!

later gamers
-scotty
Neofan's PC-FX Hints and Walkthrus
http://my.att.net/p/PWP-nec
"it's enough to get you started"

Take the awesome PC-FX quiz!
http://quizilla.teennick.com/tests/16054718/click-here-to-add-a-test-title

Arm

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
According to the pictures, it's the first volume which should feature Miraculum artworks. I do not own those artbooks, so I don't know if they could have artworks not found in the game's manual.
But, if you need high resolution scans of the manual and box art, I can provide them, as I have an original copy of the game.
Tell me if you're interested.

Arm
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:16:01 AM by Arm »

Mednafen

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 04:36:28 AM »
Ok, I could use some high-resolution scans.  My flatbed scanner is only 300DPI optical, is quite old and slow, and sometimes produces banding.
Can you scan at 48bpp(16 bits per color component), at 600DPI?  The color resolution isn't as important as the optical DPI, but I do need the DPI high enough to capture enough dithering detail so I can run an algorithm across it to mask dithering.

Arm

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 07:44:45 AM »
Yes, I can. Actually I already scanned the box front and back artworks at 600 dpi.
But the file size is really big. Compressed in jpeg to the highest quality in photoshop, the size is around 10 mb.
By the way, are those scans useful for your translation project, or is this for something else ?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 07:48:13 AM by Arm »

MissaFX

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 05:35:47 AM »
The lack of response apparently means you're not interested anymore. The least would have been to thank or give an answer to someone who was willing to help you.

Duuuude, hold your horses.  Mednafen has been comming here for years and only has like 30 posts.  He IS the man when it comes to FX stuff.  The only reason he has not responded promptly is that he never comes here cept when he has some new piece of FX software or some obscure FX answer to boggle us all with.  Just PM him links to the files and host them at some free site or something.  Or reply to this thread with links to said files.  He will eventually grab them when he realizes they exist.  This Mira project he has been working on isn't just a fly by night thing, he has a LOT of time invested into the translation project.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Mednafen

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
Wow, excessive use of pronouns, and wrong ones at that. ;b

I am particularly bad when it comes to timely responses to some questions; I've waited for several weeks to reply to people who have asked a question over IM, and don't ask me about real-life conversations. ^_^;;

The scans would be used in the future site design for the Miraculum translation, and it would always be handy to have them on...foot if I ever feel like replacing the bad in-game character portraits, or putting together an English instruction manual or walkthrough.

MissaFX

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »
Wow, excessive use of pronouns, and wrong ones at that. ;b

Oh I'm sorry, I never looked at your profile and just assumed.  I've also often been referred to as the one female here...so further I assumed.  You are still the man though!  And I mean that in the most gender non-specific way possible :wink:  I seriously though wish that I could tinker with FX software myself, but I am a computer hardware tech, not a software engineer.  It means a lot to me that someone is taking their free time to unlock the secrets of the mysterious small white box that has become the pride of my collection.

Here's to you  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Arm

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 11:02:53 AM »
I see. I have scanned the manual and the box art. In order to have a better seamless result on some double pages like the map or the prologue pages, there's still some work to be done on photoshop.
It shall be complete within a couple of days. Once this is the case, I shall put a megaupload link here. Unless you have an FTP or prefer that I upload somewhere else.
The total size of the pages at 600 dpi is around 280 mb.

Arm
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:34:01 AM by Arm »

Arm

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 06:22:10 AM »
Alright. I finally finished arranging and uploading the pictures. They are at 600 DPI and the map and prologue pages are joined as one image for a better visual result. It's been a rather tedious process. Hope it will turn out to be useful for your project :)

You can download the rar file there:

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=1UQHC3E4

Please send me a PM if you have a comment about the scans, something to ask or to tell me.
I wish you good luck for the rest of your translation project.

Arm