Author Topic: FX Rolecall! If you have adopted a FX, sign up here!  (Read 2107 times)

MissaFX

Re: FX Rolecall! If you have adopted a FX, sign up here!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 08:29:41 AM »
Aahhhhhh....I finally got Zenki FX in my collection (bringing me to a grand total of 8 games), and it is excellent.  It's the first 'expensive' purchase I've made for the system (all other games were $25 and under) and it was totally worth it.  Really short, and in all actuality very basic, but the little touches put on are fantastic (airplane, car jumping out at the girl, giant frog, etc.)

Highly recommended for any PC-FX owner, but I'm sure you guys know that already  :)

The board just toasted my reply for some reason...But in short, there is a FX thread about something unrelated, which has a listing of 10 zenki secrets or so in it.  It is in the first 2 pages, but I lack the bandwith to find it for you.  Check it out if you have not already.

Also, while it is short, I think Zenki has the most replay value of all the FX games.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Jean la Montarde

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:14:57 AM »
I have a PC-FX and 14 games and increasing  8)
Sorry for my English I'm a Spanish guy XD

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 05:19:14 AM »
I have ME-FX and some isos.  I also suck.  ](*,)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 04:58:25 PM »
I am currently about to be anxiously awaiting my PC FX in the mail.

Can't wait to set it up next to my turbo.  >_<
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nectarsis

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 09:12:55 AM »
You know it  :dance: :dance:

Lets see, first quoth had it, went to Mike, then to me...a well traveled FX I tell ya  :wink:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

pcenginesupergrafxpcfx

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 03:05:55 PM »
I've got one with chip chan kick, Battle Heat,Angelique special and Last Imperial prince. And I too love the FX.

thesteve

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »
love my fx
got the fx broken (cheap)
new laser, and its runnin

been playin burns mostly, but do have battle heat.
beat zenki, and just had to buy a 2nd controller and try it 2player.

incrediblehark

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 12:14:57 AM »
I also have an fx, just got it this year. Just for laughs make sure you play queen of queens!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 12:27:48 AM »
I HAVE AN FX. BITCHES.

I've had it since FallingJunk was known as RisingStuff!

Ji-L87

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 12:58:52 AM »
I HAVE AN FX. BITCHES.

Unrelated but, I've always wondered why people seem to hate on Rising Stuff. Granted, I only shopped there sometime but that was because of a personal lack of money$ - the times I did, things worked out pretty well.  : /
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 01:11:33 AM »
I HAVE AN FX. BITCHES.

Unrelated but, I've always wondered why people seem to hate on Rising Stuff. Granted, I only shopped there sometime but that was because of a personal lack of money$ - the times I did, things worked out pretty well.  : /

Sensei (Kevin), stepped down from most of the sales/customer relations (he had a kid, and crap).  Then, Alex stepped in.

Alex is about as competent/useful as a condom with a hole in it. 

Orders would get jacked up, Alex would drag his feet with fixing stuff (and then post pictures of himself on Facebook laying with money, like the hipster gaijin tool he is.)

You'd have things special ordered for you and they'd just get thrown up on the site store for others to buy right out from under you.  Making special orders basically mean "hey help stock the store, I'm a dumbass!".  I loled at the one MSX cart on their site called "Scaptrust".  The game is called Crimson.  The stylized katakana must have confused Alex, so he just went with the plain-english SCAPTRUST text on the cart and used that as the title instead.  Because, publisher names are the same as game names and all!   

Alex would say "Hey I am getting a buncha these things in".  You'd say you might want one, then back out when the things suck, and he'd get mad.

I had this happen with PC-98's.  He got some in, untested.  Had no idea how to use them and couldn't tell me shit about them, so I passed.  He acted like I forced him into ordering PC-98s. really, he was already getting them in.  He got more than one.  If I had him order them, I wouldn't have special ordered 3+ of them.  Retard.

Then there was this christmas/holiday sale.  I ordered like 30 things and was told to wait to pay because one item wasn't in yet.

I sent various PMs over the course of SIX MONTHS.  No replies from Alex. Then I hear from someone else that my stuff was lost in the mail . Why wasn't I told?  I should be the first to know!

A year goes by.  Still nothing.  Lot's of unanswered PMs.  Huge blow out on this forum about how jacked RisingStuff became.  Kevin stepped back in and tried to resolve it.  It would have been fine, but coincidentally, Japan shipping costs shot way up, making it not worth it to complete my now year-old order.  I passed on it, thankful that Kevin tried to fix things, and still pissed off that someone as stupid as Alex was allowed to take over.

Not to mention, every time there was a problem, Alex would always attack the customer.  He'd pass blame onto the CUSTOMER, and make it out like they're being a whiney bastard.  he's registered on this forum as JapanesePeso, and he has posted here and on other forums just to start bitching at people who were upset about his jank-ass customer service.

This basically made most people come to hate rising stuff in favor of Hit Japan/ Game of Japan.

HJ/GoJ always comes through, has good customer service, and prompt service. 

Ji-L87

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 01:42:04 AM »
Okay then, hate sounds justified :p
Thanks for explaining that.

I guess I should be glad all the orders I made went fine - only the first order I made took longer but I got a bonus game...for some reason. I don't know why but when I ordered Tokimeki Memorial for the Saturn, I got one of the adventure game/spinnoff/side stories with it - a gesture that leaved a good impression.

/off-topic
CHECKPOINT!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 01:55:33 AM »
Okay then, hate sounds justified :p
Thanks for explaining that.

I guess I should be glad all the orders I made went fine - only the first order I made took longer but I got a bonus game...for some reason. I don't know why but when I ordered Tokimeki Memorial for the Saturn, I got one of the adventure game/spinnoff/side stories with it - a gesture that leaved a good impression.

/off-topic

That was probably when kevin was in charge.  He liked to hook people up with little goodies.

He gave me a New Zealand Story, and Pia Carrot FX for free, IIRC

Ji-L87

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 02:35:02 AM »
...Pia Carrot FX for free, IIRC

Sweeeet! : D
CHECKPOINT!

KingDrool

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 04:29:31 AM »
I'd recommend www.japangamestock.com. They used to sponsor my website/podcast and I've heard nothing but good things. The guy who runs it is really cool and great to deal with. I ordered a bunch of stuff from him in the past with no troubles. Not much for PC-FX, but tons of PC Engine games.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!