Author Topic: My PC Engine CD Can Only Play One Game?  (Read 207 times)

mobiusclimber

My PC Engine CD Can Only Play One Game?
« on: September 23, 2008, 04:12:48 AM »
Hi, I'm a n00b. XD

I recently bought a PC-Engine Cd System, RFU-30 (if that makes a difference).  I can't seem to get it to play most PC Engine CD games. I got one game with it: Dracula X: Chi no Rondo. It plays that one fine. But I've tried to play a Tenshi Muyo game as well as a Devil Hunter Yohko game and I can't get either one to load. Both give me a screen with some japanese text (the Tenshi game has one of the female characters saying something in Japanese, I think she's making fun of me, the only word I knew out of all of it was "baka"). Can anyone tell me what the trouble might be? Dracula X and Tenshi Muyo both say they are Super CD-Rom2 System games, whereas DHY says it's a CD-Rom2 System game, no Super anywhere to be found. But you'd think if that made a difference, then I should be able to play Tenshi. XD Can someone, anyone, tell me what I'm doing wrong or what's going on?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: My PC Engine CD Can Only Play One Game?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »
That's strange..... which system card are you using?  All Super CD-ROM2 games will give an error screen if played with a pre-3.0 system card.  That sounds like what you're seeing, but if that were the case, Dracula X wouldn't be working and Mamono Hunter Youko - Makai Kara No Tenkousei would.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

mobiusclimber

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 04:48:05 AM »
I had thought of that, but I'm using a system 3.0 card. It's really weird! XD

awack

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:52:38 AM »
The only thing i can think of is that the system memory is full, turn on your system then push the select button, you will see three lines in Japanese, i think you want to choose the top line, then delete what ever is on there.

mobiusclimber

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 05:02:30 AM »
Wow, ok thanks I'll try that. Weird that it won't even let you play the game if you don't have memory.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 06:09:49 AM »
Yeah, sounds like you are out of save space. Most games will let you play with no save, but some won't.

mobiusclimber

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »
Thanks guys! I cleared out the memory and all the games work perfectly now! I've been playing Dragon Knight II (just bought it tonight) using an online guide. Played a little bit of Devil Hunter Yohko but it seems to be a "play novel" type game or whatever you call them. XD