Author Topic: "Sonic the Hedgehog" Demo  (Read 808 times)

mobiusclimber

Re: "Sonic the Hedgehog" Demo
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
Sorry for the n00b question but how do I go about burning this to play it on the PC engine CD?

Convert the .ogg files to .wav, modify the cue sheet to reflect said conversion (.ogg to .wav), load the cue sheet in whatever burning software you use, set the burn speed to as slow as your hardware will allow, burn that sucker and enjoy!

How do I modify the .cue sheet? It isn't in a format I can open, or I don't know what to open it with.

[edit: NM on that, figured it out, but now I can't figure out how to burn it. Anyone on a Mac know?]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:37:27 PM by mobiusclimber »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »
You can't burn CUE + ISO + WAV (or whatever) on a Mac.  It is one of the biggest downfalls of being a Mac user.  It's not the platform's fault, but nobody has written a program that can do this.  The only way around this is to have Windows installed on an Intel Mac and boot into that OS and use Nero or whatever.

mobiusclimber

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »
I'll just use my back up PC then. It's slow as hell, but it looks like the only way.  :-({|=

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
If Daemon Tools are a program like it is available for Mac, you can create a "virtual" CD of it to run on your computer to test out it on an emulator. It's extremely useful for burning CDs too so you can see if it works or not.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).