Author Topic: Megapop a buster brothers clone  (Read 1152 times)

Windancer

Megapop a buster brothers clone
« on: October 06, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
Hey guys I made this game about 8 years ago. I dont think its all that great but someone might have some fun with it. There is also a minor oversight on my part years ago with the installer. make a folder on your c: drive called megapop then when installing browse for that folder. anyway hope you have fun with it. It was my first and last game that I made years ago. Programming is very time consuming and I got really bored so I gave it up. anyway here is the download link I was actually surprised to see it was available for download somewhere and the guy did give it fairly decent review.  there is an ending to the game see if you can get there! also to play you use the Q=fires left W=fires up E=fires right ARROW KEYS=move left and right press F1 for credits and how to play

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/freegames/megapop.shtml
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:40:31 PM by Windancer »

quoth09

Re: Megapop a buster brothers clone
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »
looks interesting, i will give it a try  :D
Warm milk, turkey, those can make you sleepy(well, the consumption of, you can't just hand around a turkey or a glass of warm milk, & expect to fall asleep).

Windancer

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »
You know what I just beat the game and had some fun its a short game  but forgot how cool it is. sure I could have thrown bosses in. But now im gettin the itch to maybe do a berzerk if I can find some good cosmic fantasy sprites to put in for a cosmic fantasy theme.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:30:01 AM »
Since Buster Bros. is one of my favorites, I'll test drive this sucka tonight.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Windancer

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »
Since Buster Bros. is one of my favorites, I'll test drive this sucka tonight.

Necro dont worry about dying so much in megapop that was put in for a reason but there are unlimmited continues to keep you moving along so its pretty easy to actaully beat you just wanna see how hight you can get your score I made it too 17,000 let me know what you get for a high score. maybe after secret santa I will run a megapop contest for high score for a free pce game.also keep in mind that the walls hide power ups like 1-ups and shot powers and bombs that blow up the big bubbles. they are very hard to find but well worth lookin for

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 04:58:52 AM »
I made it too 17,000 let me know what you get for a high score.

That is weak sauce, my friend.  I had 'er up to nearly 50,000 last night, but here's the catch: I also had -38 lives.  I have a long way to go to beat your score, as my best 'real' score was only 5200.  :oops:

This game is a fun diversion, even though the physics are a bit wonky and shooting a larger ball at close range is often a guaranteed death.  Not bad at all for a home brew game; I recommend y'all to give it a go for shits and giggles.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 08:44:24 PM »
Been playing this game, it's quite fun! I haven't got passed the first screen on level 2 yet. I love how you can shoot left, up, and right using seperate buttons, really adds a fun new element to Buster Bros.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Windancer

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:32 PM »
Been playing this game, it's quite fun! I haven't got passed the first screen on level 2 yet. I love how you can shoot left, up, and right using seperate buttons, really adds a fun new element to Buster Bros.
Thanks Keranu. also the game does have ending. I used to be able to beat this game without having to continue but I played the otherday and died many times LOL I forgot where the 1 ups were hidden LOL there are 1 ups and power ups hidden in some walls

Windancer

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »
I made it too 17,000 let me know what you get for a high score.

That is weak sauce, my friend.  I had 'er up to nearly 50,000 last night, but here's the catch: I also had -38 lives.  I have a long way to go to beat your score, as my best 'real' score was only 5200.  :oops:

This game is a fun diversion, even though the physics are a bit wonky and shooting a larger ball at close range is often a guaranteed death.  Not bad at all for a home brew game; I recommend y'all to give it a go for shits and giggles.

LOL I love that phrase "shits and Giggles" my dad coined that phrase LOL

oldskool

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 11:25:04 AM »
Dude, Warren!  That game rocks man, great job!  I didnt have a problem with the installer either.  How did you make that?

Windancer

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »
Dude, Warren!  That game rocks man, great job!  I didnt have a problem with the installer either.  How did you make that?

It was made using a program called game maker which is drag and drop game programming tool. I did have to use some code which made my head spin and got lots of help in the gamemaker forums and IRC chat.