Author Topic: WTB: System Card 1.0  (Read 199 times)

Spriggan

WTB: System Card 1.0
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:02:28 AM »
So I got a copy of Altered Beast today and doing some searching it seems I must have a 1.0 card for my DUO-R. Well I was searching Ebay and all I can find is one for $20 plus $9 s/h from Japan for a loose card. The $20 doesn't sound so bad but $9 for a loose hu card that could take two weeks to get to me is a little outrageous. So if anyone has one of these that would be great or another way to play this game as the Hucard version is awfully hard.

EDIT:
Sorry for the noobish question but I am new to this but does this card have a case etc. All I can find are loose cards and I try to not buy them unless need be. Should have seen the look on my face when I opened my Magical Chase and didn't have a case I was pissed as I bought a complete one and turns out there wasn't one ever made. It does seem as if a member here has a sticker set that has some of these. Might get those once I get my Neutopia II in as I here it has the same problem. Anyone know why NEC started doing that so late in the consoles life?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:06:20 AM by Spriggan »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: WTB: System Card 1.0
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:20:48 AM »
Check with Rising Stuff (run by fellow member Sensei); he may be able to find one for a better price, or at the very least with a better shipping cost.

I don't think that the 1.0 cards ever had cases, since they were only sold bundled with the drive.  As for TTi omitting cases - I suspect they were desperate to save as many pennies as possible when the bell began to toll.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

hoobs88

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:17:11 AM »
Why can't Altered Beast be played on a Duo-R without a system 1.0 card? I thought the Duos were system 3.0 and under compatible.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:13:27 AM »
Why can't Altered Beast be played on a Duo-R without a system 1.0 card? I thought the Duos were system 3.0 and under compatible.

There's a incompatibility problem in Altered Beast that won't let you proceed past the first level if you use anything but the 1.0 card.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Spriggan

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:21:58 AM »
Thanks I will look into that!!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »
Anyone wishing to deal with him may want to be aware he is actually Atr3yu, or PCE Fanboy, as known on the Neo forums.
More info for those unknowing of the issues involved with this member can look here:
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5637.0

WoodyXP

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 03:48:07 PM »
Altered Beast on CDROM  :lol:

The game isn't even worth the hassle of acquiring the system card, IMO.   :-&