Author Topic: OVERRIDE high score and clear thread with pics  (Read 420 times)

Michael Helgeson

OVERRIDE high score and clear thread with pics
« on: June 26, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »
I beat the game today. Special thanks to Sini for sending this one my way. :) I didn't keep up with my high score on this run,and had to continue once at the end due to it being the first time I made it to the last stage. If someone wants to list high scores or clears I will add them if you take pics. I'm going to offer some tips in case Sini didn't discuss them in shout already:

1. Set your thrusters switch to turbo fire high setting and hold it. The thrusters kill small enemies coming from behind. The only time you need to let off of them is when you need to charge up for a shot.
2. Charge up power shots after beating each boss on the last stage (yes,last stage makes you fight all bosses again), and try to keep it powered as long as possible then unload. It really helps clear the first wave of enemies after each boss.
3. Red power ups are the best.
4. On last stage try to build up at least 4-5 spare lives,and when you get to last boss open up with a big blast,then ignore all else and go straight for it,at the center. Get as close to the f*cker as possible and ignore all else. Do slight dodges if you can,but otherwise take hits and keep your eye on the prize and kill the bastard. Just keep firing away. You will die,but if you have 4-5 lives it wont matter,the last boss will before you do.

Anyway,I set out to beat this game,and I did. Unlike the Challenger crew,I didn't experience space fail. I met my goal.

MSH 6-26-08

UPDATE ! ! !

I went through again and beat the snot out of the f*cker going all out.
I have a high score that hopefully no one here will ever beat,and I do mean ever.   :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I beat the game twice in a row,no continues,after credits roll so that means that yes,I played through the second harder run (3x harder???) and still managed to beat it,but the second time not as well,with only 3 men in spare.
First run score 1,213,640   with 9 lives to spare:

Second run with a final score of 2,355,030 with 3 lives in spare:

Yea I could have played even further probably,but after this mega run I let the credits play and turned it off. Im burned out completely now,using all of my evil soul up on this run to beat all runs,and I made it well past the 2 million mark.

Michael Helgeson HIGH SCORE:2,355,030 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:16:15 PM by Michael Helgeson »

Sinistron

Re: OVERRIDE high score and clear thread with pics
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 04:10:56 PM »
 :clap:
Beautiful, simply gorgeous!  :)
I'll have to give it another go soon but I won't be touching your score-
I wasn't able to clear a second run after beating it...

I did however have a way to beat the final boss that ate up less lives- I opened up from the bottom for a bit and then I hung out and dodge at the top right of the screen and had enough time to squeeze off a close contact big blast to finish him off...  :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:14:41 PM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
It took alot out of me. I actually had to pause it a couple of times after beating certain bosses and take a 2 min finger break. But seriously,it wore my brain out doing that second run. Everything big takes way more hits,and maybe its just me,but it feels a tad faster,although I could be wrong. I was just pushing myself as hard as possible.

Sinistron

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:31:51 PM »
no I think you're right- the enemies seemed quicker and the bosses seemed to have more shots going.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:19:09 PM by Sinistron »

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
Psh. I can beat that. When I get the game.  :lol:

shubibiman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 10:14:27 AM »
I almost went as far as you did but I f*cked up at the last stage of the second run. Anyway, here is my score :

I'll di better, next time ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 01:22:58 PM »
Good shit guys, the name "Override" definitely fits this tough game, cause that's exactly what it'll put your brain into

Anyway just for the f*ck of it, here's my Loop 1 finishing score. I was on fire...and died almost a few times, first death being a Double KO with stage 5 boss :lol:

1265620, 18 Lives

And as we speak, I'm waiting for the video to upload on youtube...

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:13:10 AM by Ninja Spirit »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 01:32:02 PM »
Glad you like it. Easily one of my fav PCE shooters thanks to Sini. Try again sometime and gun to beat my total score if you can. Id like to see someone push hard enough to do so.