Author Topic: Need help for a PCFX out of order...  (Read 305 times)

hanata kadaka

Need help for a PCFX out of order...
« on: December 21, 2008, 05:26:17 AM »
Hello everybody, first I'm new to this forum, and a newbie in the PC-FX world (and please excuse my poor english!), and someone from another forum have recommended me this one for questions about this game system, so I hope I may find here some competent and helpful people to solve my problem which is this one :

I recently bought a PC-FX (sold as "non tested", so I knew the risk I incured), but this one doesn't even light on... Don't know exactly what the problem is, but living in Europe, I would bet a lot this machine may have been tested by directly being plugged on the 220V current without use of a 110/220V transformer, which may have burnt it... In that case, which composent would I have to replace? I think it's on the power board, logically, isn't it? (or does anyone have another explanation of where could come the problem from?)

By opening it, I saw 3 free connections on the mother board. I think it's normal because the metal plate which protect the mother board let these connections accessible... (just near some "regulation wheels" (don't know how it's called in english, but I'm sure everybody understand what I'm talking about!) I didn't dare to touch these "wheels", could the problem come from a bad regulation of them?).

I don't really know where to start, so I hope I'm on the good forum and that someone who already have repaired a PC FX with the same problem may help me... Anyway, thanks for having read this faultfull message!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Need help for a PCFX out of order...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:23:58 AM »
I'm afraid that I can't be of much help, outside of recommending looking for a blown fuse.  Anyway, welcome aboard; hopefully one of the mechanically inclined PC-FX owners will help you out soon.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

hanata kadaka

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
Thanks for your encouragement... even if I hoped there should be some more answers here...  :?

albinoMithos

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »
Thanks for your encouragement... even if I hoped there should be some more answers here...  :?

Shoot nat a PM. He should be able to help if he's not too busy.

araceli

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
You might want to try contacting this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/lukemorse1 as he fixed one. I dont know him. Just know he fixed the one he has in his videos.