Author Topic: So your Duo still has quiet Redbook after full cap replacement & DW....now what?  (Read 579 times)

Platinumfungi

FWIW i've seen about 4 DUOs like this. They are all still 'part' units, as repair was not possible. I've tried chemical cleaning of the boards, checked every trace, etc.

So far all they have been is an incredible time sink.

The first time I posted about this problem someone posted that I obviously had soldered something wrong.  :roll:

Well, at least this misery has company.

Omnedon, have you been able to find any correlation at all between the units that you weren't able to repair? (I'm obviously guessing no, as that would have led to something that resulted in their repair, but I'm curious what others have to say about this)

Were they all PCE Duos or USA Turbo Duos or a mixture of the two?

Although I'd really like to believe otherwise, I'm still thinking (like Nat said) that more washing and checking could be my problem. I'm in the slow "when I find time to continue on this" process of redoing everything on this PCE Duo again...

omnedon

Both PCEDUO's and TurboDUO's. No correlation yet.

The 'time sink' factor has definitely been at play here. At a certain point (business wise) you have to cut your time loss on a system. If it's not fixed, you don't charge anything (at least we don't), so they become a parts or project board.

I wouldn't say I've 'given up' on them per se. I'm in this thread right?  O:) However, at this point I feel I need to try something new. The boards are cleam. The traces are good. The caps are new. And the sound is bad.
Contact chop5 for any NEC console services.