Author Topic: "The PC-FX: A Devotional Film" (Dec, 2009)  (Read 2054 times)

NEC Avenue

Re: "The PC-FX: A Devotional Film" (Dec, 2009)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »
Wow..that is very cool! :o

Pcenginefx

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 03:19:33 AM »
Yep, a 1080i version is coming...be a little bit as the machine is rendering other projects at the moment.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

spenoza

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 05:52:04 AM »
Tres cool. My only complaint is that sometimes it seems the camera doesn't have as sharp focus as it could. Now, more game footage! Butt kicking for goodness!
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Pcenginefx

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 08:19:18 AM »
I'm thinking as this video went over so well that there might be an encore presentation film with more game footage...we'll see.
//Aaron

Joe Redifer

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 08:53:27 AM »
That would be great.  It could be something like "The Games of the PC-FX" or whatever.  How many games are there total?  Be sure to feature each one (that would be a chore, but still)!  And we know who will be providing the music.  :)

Press_Run

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 10:27:04 AM »
I'm thinking as this video went over so well that there might be an encore presentation film with more game footage...we'll see.

It IS great and enjoyable to watch. You have truly proved your "geekiness" beyond a doubt.  :clap: Love to have seen more gameplay footage. Also, I wonder how does stand up to other systems during that time (i.e. Playstation).

I was wondering what kind of editing software to do you use cause your video looks very professional.   

Pcenginefx

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 11:09:49 AM »
That would be great.  It could be something like "The Games of the PC-FX" or whatever.  How many games are there total?  Be sure to feature each one (that would be a chore, but still)!  And we know who will be providing the music.  :)

There are about 64 games, but I won't be featuring them all that is for sure (film must fit within one song).  I already have the perfect song picked out for a sequel film, again from Ayumi Hamasaki.  It will have system shots and game footage like the 1st film, but with an entirely different look.

I was wondering what kind of editing software to do you use cause your video looks very professional.  

Thank you.  The film looks professional because of how I utilize the tools at my disposal, not really because of the editing software...but I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 for editing with Magic Bullet Looks for color correction and post effects.  Of course the post-production process is only as good as the footage shot, so for filming I use a Sony FX1 HDV video camera, Lowel Tota hot-lights w/umbrellas and 10'x20' photography backdrops.
//Aaron

jboypacman

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
Fantastic film! Great Work can not wait to see more films like this in the future. :D

Sinistron

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
Pure sex- as I suspected.  I realized that I was holding my breath the whole time waiting for a "money shot".   :shock:

Nothing less than the height of professionalism.  :clap:  Superb work, Mr. Nanto.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 01:53:40 AM »
Very, very cool.  I loved the dark shot where only the power and busy indicator lights are on/blinking (it's alive and thinking!).  Well done, High Chief PC-FX.  :clap:

How did you infill the side bars on the widescreen display?  Did you shoot it twice (once for 'normal' and once for 'stretched') and stick 'em together, or did you do it all in post-production.  However it was done, it looks mighty cool and much better than plain ol' black/gray bars, though a 4:3 screen might've been even better.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Pcenginefx

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 06:48:37 AM »
How did you infill the side bars on the widescreen display?  Did you shoot it twice (once for 'normal' and once for 'stretched') and stick 'em together, or did you do it all in post-production.  However it was done, it looks mighty cool and much better than plain ol' black/gray bars, though a 4:3 screen might've been even better.

I first recorded the PC-FX footage into the computer at 4:3, then I created 2 layers of the footage in post which one layer was the original 4:3 footage, and the 2nd layer was resized to 16:9 and blurred out.  I then had to export all of the game footage to a 16:9 DVD which was then replayed on the HDTV while being filmed.
//Aaron

Sensei

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »
As expected, it was very slick, polished, and well made.  To me it felt like a love letter "To PC-FX from Aaron".

I agree with a previous comment, this is way better than any of the actual advertising was for the PC-FX.

Good choice of song by Ayumi Hamasaki.  "Rainbow" fits perfectly.  If you do a game montage video I think "Real me" or "Evolution" would work well because they both have both slow and fast parts to showcase the different types of games.

Keep up the great work!

Pcenginefx

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 04:57:39 PM »
I suppose it was a love letter from me to the FX - I think that fits pretty well!

I have some good news - I am already in pre-planning stages for my next film which will feature all of the NEC consoles together as one big "love letter" (PCE/TG/PC-FX).  I won't be using an Ayumi track but an absolutely beautiful classical orchestra piece I just found....it's seriously might bring a tear to your eye.
//Aaron

Sensei

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 05:01:26 PM »
I suppose it was a love letter from me to the FX - I think that fits pretty well!

I have some good news - I am already in pre-planning stages for my next film which will feature all of the NEC consoles together as one big "love letter" (PCE/TG/PC-FX).  I won't be using an Ayumi track but an absolutely beautiful classical orchestra piece I just found....it's seriously might bring a tear to your eye.

That's great news!

I am looking forward to it.   :D

Joe Redifer

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »
I am wondering why the PC-FX video isn't on the site's main page.