NEC PC-Engine/SuperGrafx > PC Engine/SuperGrafx Discussion

PCE, SNES and Genesis, screen comparison.

<< < (2/333) > >>

awack:

--- Quote ---Yeah, the SNES version wins out on most of those screen shots. Was the PCE port release before the SNES port?
--- End quote ---

I think it was released a year and a half after the pce version.

nat:
The only matchup here I'll give to the Turbo version is the 4th set down-- where the character is facing the stairwell. The screens are nearly identical, save for the color choices. The coloring on the Turbo looks much better. In all the rest, the detail of the SNES version simply trumps any coloring differences.

Arkhan:
No MSX comparisons?

I prefer the PCE one as well overall.   The colors are more vibrant .   SNES one was always a bit drab.

ceti alpha:

--- Quote from: nat on March 25, 2009, 03:35:34 PM ---The only matchup here I'll give to the Turbo version is the 4th set down-- where the character is facing the stairwell. The screens are nearly identical, save for the color choices. The coloring on the Turbo looks much better. In all the rest, the detail of the SNES version simply trumps any coloring differences.

--- End quote ---

I agree. Not that the PCE wasn't capable of what the SNES is offering there, but the developers obviously decided to update the SNES port.

rag-time4:
The SNES version looks like what the PCE version would look like if you were wearing sunglasses indoors while playing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version