Author Topic: Chip Chan Kick - W T F?  (Read 716 times)

MissaFX

Chip Chan Kick - W T F?
« on: January 17, 2008, 05:17:32 AM »
I recently acquired Chip Chan Kick since it looked like a bubble bobble/rainbow islands type game however I have a few questions about it.

The game name is Chip Chan Kick, ok that makes sense, but why not Chip Chap Kick?

How old are the characters supposed to be?  I am kinda disturbed by the huge volume of panty shots on people who look 5, but the people who look 10 have the bodies of fully grown adults...so I am in the end utterly confused.  Is this supposed to be erotic?

How many levels does the game have?  Do you ever gain any modifications to your attacks like in bubble bobble?  Or is it the same gameplay over and over and over again?

(Don't think I hate the game though, I'm just wondering about these points.)
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

Re: Chip Chan Kick - W T F?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:28:20 AM »
I can't help you regarding the panty shots, I've always wondered about that myself.

As far as the gameplay goes, I think there are 6 stages but I can't recall offhand. Every stage has 10 levels within it.

There are many items you can get that modify your attack strategy. Collect all 10 or so balloons for an extra life. Get the shoe to move faster. Get one of those little bean-bag icons to add an extra projectile to your arsenal. There is an arrow icon which I've never been able to determine what it does. There is also another powerup that makes you invincible.

I like Chip Can Kick in some ways more than the other Bubble Bobble games because it is harder, more challenging. It should have been Bubble Bobble IV.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 01:00:45 PM »
Chip Chan Kick is the only console game created by CyberTech Custom.  It is also their only game
 which isn't hentai.  Odd considering that the FX had actual Hentai on it.  Chip-chan herself was
the star of several h-games.  (Mostly on PC'98 and Windows '95).  Most of Custom's games were
h-clones of well known stuff.  For example there was an H-tetris clone I believe.  Custom is long
since dead, but if you search Google Japan, there are a few devoted fansites out there still.

I love this game though, easily the best on the whole system.  Yes its a bit dirty, but it could have
been a LOT worse.  The later boss fights are insane.  This is a game I'd love to 1CC, but I swear
the stage 5 boss depends on pure luck.  Odd cause the final boss isn't that hard to beat once you
see the patterns a few times. 

The "arrow" powerup doubles your throwing range I believe.

CCK is one bizzare game.  One of the strangest things I've ever played, and its reason enough to
own an FX in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:04:33 PM by SuperDeadite »
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

geepee16

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »
The reason it's not called Chip Chap Kick because Chip is the main character and "Chan" is an affectionate diminutive attached to girls' (and sometimes boys' names) in Japanese.  It is in any case perhaps the funnest game on the FX.  Hard to find and a little bit pricey but so much fun to play, especially as a two-player game. It's easily my wife's favorite FX game thus far.  I did not know that this game had hentai connections but after reading SuperDeadite's post , neither one of us were surprised.  There is some kinky stuff in that game. A must-own.

MissaFX

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »
The reason it's not called Chip Chap Kick because Chip is the main character and "Chan" is an affectionate diminutive attached to girls' (and sometimes boys' names) in Japanese.

I know, I thought that too, but Chip Chap Kick still seems like a more logical title.  Since you do not know who the speaker is calling Chip, Chip-chan it just seems weird and akward to me.  Do they assume everyone will use chan after calling Chip?  I know I wouldn't call a stranger "chan" unless maybe they were in cosplay garb or something.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

MurderDate

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:11:16 PM »
wow..  so this one is on the want-list now.  Upskirt shots ??  Amazing !
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

nat

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 02:54:52 AM »
Do you have a PC-FX, MuderDate? Remember this is a PC-FX game not a PCE game.

MurderDate

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:17:04 AM »
oh, damn.    no I have a Turbo CD.  I suppose I'm S-O-L

nat

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 04:26:16 AM »
Get a PC-FX. You won't regret it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 05:44:58 AM »
Get a PC-FX. You won't regret it.

I suggest that everyone try a few FX games on an emulator first.  PC-FXs can be pretty expensive to source, just to find out that its library ain't for you.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 05:48:12 AM »
That's true.

I should rephrase.

If you have game tastes like me, you won't regret it.

The games that it has, in the genres that they are, are top-notch titles. Very favorable quality to crap ratio.

MurderDate

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 06:03:13 AM »
well I've only been obsessing over the TG16 for 6 months so give me some more time with that too.  That's not entirely accurate,  I've been obsessing over it since it's debut in 1989 but I have only recently taken that obsession off the back burner.

memesciskai

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 04:46:55 AM »
Chip Chan Kick is the only console game created by CyberTech Custom.  It is also their only game
 which isn't hentai.  Odd considering that the FX had actual Hentai on it.  Chip-chan herself was
the star of several h-games.  (Mostly on PC'98 and Windows '95).  Most of Custom's games were
h-clones of well known stuff.  For example there was an H-tetris clone I believe. Custom is long
since dead, but if you search Google Japan, there are a few devoted fansites out there still.

Whoah, whoah, whoah! Up from this point please, more details.

Cybertech Custom, actually, ain't dead:bonkthis:

In 2004 it was a part of some crew named MetroVG what also developed H-games.  :icon_cat_stoned:
In 2007 Custom LLP has been taken over by MetroVG.
In 2019 MetroVG has been taken over by Symbolic Entertainment and then, all ex-MetroVG crew found a new company named Brinn-Dalmaz Precision LLP and then acquired the entire Chip-chan Kick and Custom LLP merch and exclusive rights on 'em. So, they are still alive, thanks to [give his name in this line].

So, audio dramas, even perverted Yōsuka... BDP, watchu doin' out there?! A'ight, whats all this, then?!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:52:29 AM by memesciskai »